“Real Greek Food”

Thavma Mediterranean Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Thavma Mediterranean Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 92 Restaurants in Livingston
Price range: US$10 - US$27
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Noisy inside, but with a pleasant outdoor patio. Mousaka was very good, as was the lamb gyros with orzo. The spinach slad was very good, including feta cheese - and the portion was very large. Did not have the greek salad, because the menu said it contained peperoncini (Italian hot peppers).

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Excellent quality with large portions. My moussaka was memorable, and all the Greek dishes looked excellent. Our party of four all enjoyed the dinner.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Our party of four all enjoyed the excellent and diverse lunches that we had. Recommended and...
Can’t wait for warm weather so we can enjoy sitting outside on their deck.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Ok I have been to this place before. My family lives nearby and I’ve made prior visits mainly for lunch. Greek salad is good and usually fresh. No big deal there.

This time I went for dinner. Had some hummus app with my wife. And we each had the lamb and orzo in red sauce. Was good but not spectacular at all. Place was a bit unclean also and I think they have lost their sparkle. Not enough lamb and way too much orzo. See the picture.

The BYOB aspect is great. And no cork fee. Nearby nyc it’s hard to find byob there and in NY you’ll pay $30++ for bringing one bottle. So this is good. But overall it’s about the food. And this was a bit of a disappointment.

Those of you who rate “Best” in Livingston I will argue it’s not true. Try sweet basil or any other local place and tell me that it’s not so much better than Thavma... it is.

So just avg on this one. They need to step up their game. Sorry only 3 stars from me.

Alex D, Owner at Thavma Mediterranean Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank-you for your feedback. I get that we all often experience something that makes us want to write a review, much like the many previous times you visited were didn't warrant it, but this visit did and for that, I feel like we let you down. We have been Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence and #1 standing for years which we are proud of, but don't often publicise it, as its based on personal opinion, and while something is fantastic for one person, it may not be for others.
Some of the things that have kept us up at the top of the rankings, yes the BYO helps in dining out, but the one thing no other comparable restaurant does is provide our dine-in guests a complimentary greek salad with their entrees. Every other restaurant you are looking at sharing a salad for 2 people for an additional $10+. I myself usually cannot finish an entire portion of Lamb & Orzo and would say the majority of our guests usually take a portion home with them. A greek salad and lamb dish coupled with an appetizer is usually more than most can finish comfortably.
I will take these comments under advisement with my staff as feedback like this and action to rectify it is what keeps top ranking restaurants maintaining the certain level of standards our patrons have come to expect. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

First time here. Easy parking- Nice place. Service is good. We liked what we had- the food very good- Nice crisp greek salad included with a entre- We enjoyed the fried cheese app tho it was rather rich. I had the Eggplant w/carmalized onion -excellent- My wife had a lamb with orzo which was very good. We enjoyed the bread pudding for desert. Only down side- I think the food is rather salty- Feta on the salad etc. Wonder what will happen next time we ask for less salt. We will add this to our list pf favs.