“It's always satisfying”

Ranked #7 of 55 Restaurants in Mahwah
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Been here three times. We always get the porterhouse for two and last night it was the better than the last two times we were here. We also enjoyed the oysters on a half shell. There were fish selections on the menu for non-red meat eaters.

1  Thank leefr

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Love this place. As good as any steakhouse in NYC but more reasonable and in NJ. Valet parking, nice wine list and we had a terrific waiter. Tuna entree was great, steaks are primo and the sides are delicious. Long list of specials and an in house sushi chef! A real winner.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Best steaks in the area. We had the T-bones, medium. Little pricy, but worth it. They call themselves No 1 steakhouse in NJ, and I agree that they compete with the best! Vibrant bar atmosphere, friendly and patient waiter, drinks are exceptional.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Have been to River Palm several times and usually get good meal and enjoy the relaxed decor. However, some visits are better than others and realistically would vary my rating between 3 and 4 depending on the visit. Unfortunately, NJ does not have the higher end steak houses like Manhattan, but they are certainly easier to get to, and less expensive, although not by that much.

1  Thank David S M
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

River Palm offers a great steak, good drinks and great service and a very good value.
River Palm offers excellent drinks and a terrifiic steak at a very good price. My wife and I have discovered Venetian Spritzes. A great apertif cocktail made with an Italian apertif, Prosecco and a splash of club soda. It is a great light palate cleanser before dinner. River Palm uses Cappelletti Apertivo, which is more citrus(orange) and slightly more bitter than Aperol, but not nearly as bitter as Campari. It makes a great apertif when mixed with the sweetness of Prosecco.
We almost always start with the complimentary salad which is very good and leaves room for the steak. I almost always get the NY Strip. My wife usually gets the sliced filet, with peppers onions etc. As side dishes we split a baked potato and one or two vegetables. My wife loves creamed spinach, but I don't so I get the sautéed Spinach or Broccoli sautéed with olive oil and garlic.
The steaks are always perfectly cooked and delicious.
Service is very friendly, prompt and courteous. A lovely meal.