“We enjoyed the meal”

Sangria Tapas Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sangria Tapas Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 58 Restaurants in Mahwah
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sangria Tapas Restaurant specializes in authentic cuisine from Spain and signature sangrias, wines and spirits. Set up as a rustic bistro, Sangria is located at Ramapo Centre, 1033 MacArthur Blvd in Mahwah, New Jersey. Sangria highlights an assortment of tapas, montaditos, mariscadas, charcuterie and cheese platters, churrasco steak, paella and weekly specials. The name Sangria is symbolic of the fun and richness of the Spain culture and culinary experience. Sangria pulls together centuries of tradition by adding a modern twist to its cuisine and spirits.
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I was concerned by some comments but we had a very good meal and the server Humberto was very friendly. The meal came in a reasonable time. This place was packed. I would return.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 30 May 2018

We went for lunch, the table was ready as we had a reservation.
However after we were seated it took a long time to get our menu's.
It took even longer to have our waiter take our order. When on person arrived late, I got up to get a menu and then got up to get our waiter and then got up again when we were finished as we couldn't get the check. Everyone enjoyed their meal we just couldn't get service even though the restaurant was almost empty.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I ate here for Christmas Eve but my husband and I have eaten here before as well. Authentic, fabulous Spanish food, delicious seasonal sangria, and beautiful decor. You won’t be disappointed.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Service could have been better. We were told to find our own table and it took a long time to get menus. Portions were large. My creama chicken was delicious. They substituted veggies for rice as I requested. My husband enjoyed his shrimp. We were never asked if we wanted dessert. I also enjoyed my leftovers the next day. Sangria was large, strong, tasty...$9. Decor is cheesy. Chips and salsa are given on arrival.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 24 January 2018

Very much looked forward to having tapas and sangria and was deeply disappointed. We arrived at 4:00 p.m. to take advantage of the happy hour. The place was virtually empty with one other couple seated at a table. They were going to seat us beside them but we asked for a window seat (there were several tables by the window) and were told all the window tables were reserved so we asked for another table by the wall and were told they were also reserved so we asked which other table was not reserved and were told the one beside the couple. We opted to seat at the bar at stools. It seemed comical, 2.5 hours later when we left and there was no one still seated in the main area of the restaurant.

The sangria was syrupy sweet (both varieties). Not at all like real sangria. The tapas were a dismal version of a tapa. The shrimp tapas were made with miniature frozen shrimp - quite unbelievable. The empanadas were deep fried frozen mini pockets of fat and not worth calling empanadas. The meat was tough and off tasting.

The bar tender was very pleasant and accommodating. Perhaps the only reason why we stayed.

We will not be back. Yuk.

Date of visit: January 2018

Been to Sangria Tapas Restaurant? Share your experiences!