“Nice Venue for Conference”

Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I had no issues with this hotel. There was a water outage for some floors, but I don't believe that this was the fault of the hotel. They did have signs indicating quiet hour after 10 pm, and the floor was quiet. The views from the meeting rooms were great. The hotel is easy to see, but if you use Mapquest be careful. It is better to follow the very small signs indicating the entrance of the hotel. It does appear to be an older property but it was very clean and the bed very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LiketoeatCincinnati
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Mahwah Hotel

Reviewed 13 February 2012

We stayed there last year during the hurricane. We were on the top floor. About 3 a.m. we woke up to water leaking in our room from the ceiling/window area. We tried to protect the room by putting down towels and calling the front desk. We had to move our room about 4 a.m and we hardly got any sleep. We were there for two days and I asked for a credit for the one night the room was leaking and they REFUSED and only offered us some extra mileage. Not only did we lose a night of sleep, we also protected their property. They don't give a #$#^ about customers.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor during a storm!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Zoombie99
Christine C, Manager at Sheraton Mahwah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Dear Zombie99,

Thank you for sharing your experience as a recent guest with us. I am truly sorry that you feel we did not offer fair compensation for a sleepless night. We strive to provide you with the best experience and if you left unsatisfied, we failed in our goal. Please feel free to ask for the Manager on Duty if an issue arises so we may retain loyalty to our Starwood brand.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

I would certainly look around before spending any nites at this property. After my first night, I realized that there was a plastic bag over the smoke detector. I told managment who indicated that a fire alarm test was done the prior week and it was most likely forgotten.

After returning from a day of work, I realized that they didn't replace the coffee in my room. They brought that up, but then I realized that they hadn't really cleaned the room and there was an old sheet from my bed lying on top of my bags.

They did upgrade me to a larger suite as I am Gold on SPG which was a nice benefit, but the bed was soft and should be replaced.

Old and worn out, not worth it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2012

When I think of a hotel of being better than others or could do better, there's a set of expectations in mind. That benchmark is this hotel. I was very happy with my stay. Nothing jumped out as good, and nothing jumped out as bad. I mean this in a good way, but it was very forgettable. With all the things you deal with while traveling, forgettable is often good.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ChicagoOrange
Reviewed 3 January 2012

we had a great time at the 2011 into 2012 New Years Gala. It was a full four course dinner with full cocktail hour and open bar with Some Top Shelf Liquor. they had a band for entertainement, I am usually not a fan of Bands, but this band was like playing a CD. Great Great time. we went with 4 couples and stayed the night in the hotel, they gave us breakfast and late Checkout. Loved it

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahwah
0.9 km away
4.2 km away
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern

Been to Sheraton Mahwah Hotel? Share your experiences!