Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
US$115
US$139
US$129
Hotels.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah(Mahwah)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$85
Priceline
US$106
US$101
HIExpress.com
US$94
All reviewsclub leveloffice spacebeautiful hotelstarbucks coffeetop floornew jerseyloved this hotelminute drivenice sizeplenty of parkingwoodbury commonsfountainconferencehighwaynjnycsetup
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We stayed there last year during the hurricane. We were on the top floor. About 3 a.m. we woke up to water leaking in our room from the ceiling/window area. We tried to protect the room by putting down towels and calling the front desk. We had to move our room about 4 a.m and we hardly got any sleep. We were there for two days and I asked for a credit for the one night the room was leaking and they REFUSED and only offered us some extra mileage. Not only did we lose a night of sleep, we also protected their property. They don't give a #$#^ about customers.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor during a storm!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Zoombie99
Christine C, Manager at Sheraton Mahwah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Dear Zombie99,

Thank you for sharing your experience as a recent guest with us. I am truly sorry that you feel we did not offer fair compensation for a sleepless night. We strive to provide you with the best experience and if you left unsatisfied, we failed in our goal. Please feel free to ask for the Manager on Duty if an issue arises so we may retain loyalty to our Starwood brand.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

I would certainly look around before spending any nites at this property. After my first night, I realized that there was a plastic bag over the smoke detector. I told managment who indicated that a fire alarm test was done the prior week and it was most likely forgotten.

After returning from a day of work, I realized that they didn't replace the coffee in my room. They brought that up, but then I realized that they hadn't really cleaned the room and there was an old sheet from my bed lying on top of my bags.

They did upgrade me to a larger suite as I am Gold on SPG which was a nice benefit, but the bed was soft and should be replaced.

Old and worn out, not worth it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2012

When I think of a hotel of being better than others or could do better, there's a set of expectations in mind. That benchmark is this hotel. I was very happy with my stay. Nothing jumped out as good, and nothing jumped out as bad. I mean this in a good way, but it was very forgettable. With all the things you deal with while traveling, forgettable is often good.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ChicagoOrange
Reviewed 3 January 2012

we had a great time at the 2011 into 2012 New Years Gala. It was a full four course dinner with full cocktail hour and open bar with Some Top Shelf Liquor. they had a band for entertainement, I am usually not a fan of Bands, but this band was like playing a CD. Great Great time. we went with 4 couples and stayed the night in the hotel, they gave us breakfast and late Checkout. Loved it

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed here for 1 night for a company holiday party which included a banquet dinner.

It was a challenge to get to this hotel given the different roadways that intersect and the roundabout. I agree with other reviewers that the parking is awkward and the pedestrian crossing was not well planned.

The hotel itself is nice and there is a nice view from the glass elevators. I personally felt like I was at an amusement park though as the elevator drops pretty fast. Our room was nice, decent size with a work desk and large bathroom. We had 2 queen beds and the bedding was very nice, albeit a bit to hot for me. I usually bundle up but was sweating under the covers here.

Breakfast was fine and included an omelet station as well as fruit, yogurt, cereals and other buffet options. I am not sure of the cost as the company paid. We were given breakfast vouchers at check in.

The banquet dinner food was average (cannot even recall what we ate); however, the drinks were watered down beyond belief. I had 4 cocktails at dinner with no problem when normally 2 is my limit. It was open bar. The dessert bar was okay but the red velvet cake left much to be desired, so much so that I picked up a slice of red velvet from a popular bakery in NYC the following week to make up for wasting those calories.

After dinner a coworker on our floor was having trouble waking her child (child dead bolted the door from inside). The staff were quite helpful in coming up to try to open the door. At one point I thought they were going to break down the door but her child finally woke up (called many times on the cell phone) so they did not have to knock down the door.

We stopped by the on-site night club after dinner and wow, what an experience. the drinks were much better (not watered down). This club is clearly the pick up spot for the area with the average age being 55+. There were some 20 - 30 years old party goers but the most interesting part of the club was the cougars who hit on my husband. All in all it was fun to watch.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business