“One of my favorite go to spots”

El Tenampa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 82 Restaurants in Manahawkin
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

If you aren't addicted to their salsa and chips after one bite you have super powers! We love it! Staff is friendly and service is quick. The enchiladas are great. Try the cheese one!

Reviewed 15 April 2017

I love their salsa so much that I've made a very close version of it at home for when those times I can't seem to make it to the restaurant.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

Came here for dinner with the hubby. We brought our own beer so no beverages were needed. The food was good but overpriced. We wanted a second basket of chips and salsa and they charged us extra which they didn't let us know. We got our meals and mine was quite spicy so I needed some water. I brought a bottle of water in our cooler and proceeded to drink it. Within minutes the waitress came over and said we weren't allowed to bring our own water and I would have to purchase theirs. I explained that I needed the water but she didn't care. We purchased two, what I think, expensive meals and to be charged extra for the chips and then have the audacity to say I must purchase the water is ridiculous. Needless to say, they have lost my business. There are so many Mexican restaurants there I do not need to patronize a place that treats you that way.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Arrived for lunch to be greeted by a grumpy old man. No welcome, no smile, no thank you - NADA! Food is average, prices are reasonable. Owner needs a Dale Carnegie Course in "How to Win Friends and Influence People". Definitely not worth a return trip.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

The food is very Mexican. There are a lot of things to order off the menu and it isn't that expensive. Great place to go for a last minute dinner.