“Best Mexican food around”

El Tenampa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 84 Restaurants in Manahawkin
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

We eat Mexican food all over but this place is the best!!!! The salsa they serve with homemade tortilla chips is outstanding. I had enchiladas verdes and OMG it was like a religious experience. Delicious and fresh with rice and refried beans. My husband got a combo platter with a burrito and chili rellenos that was superb. We can't wait to go back. I'll share pictures. BYOB too.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

We used to love to go here but each time service gets much worse. Three tables with people and it took over a half hour after being served chips and salsa to get wine opened, no water no beverages but wanted to take our order. Dinner for table took for ever. Would not recommend for anyone.

1  Thank bluehumvee
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

If you aren't addicted to their salsa and chips after one bite you have super powers! We love it! Staff is friendly and service is quick. The enchiladas are great. Try the cheese one!

Reviewed 15 April 2017

I love their salsa so much that I've made a very close version of it at home for when those times I can't seem to make it to the restaurant.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

Came here for dinner with the hubby. We brought our own beer so no beverages were needed. The food was good but overpriced. We wanted a second basket of chips and salsa and they charged us extra which they didn't let us know. We got our meals and mine was quite spicy so I needed some water. I brought a bottle of water in our cooler and proceeded to drink it. Within minutes the waitress came over and said we weren't allowed to bring our own water and I would have to purchase theirs. I explained that I needed the water but she didn't care. We purchased two, what I think, expensive meals and to be charged extra for the chips and then have the audacity to say I must purchase the water is ridiculous. Needless to say, they have lost my business. There are so many Mexican restaurants there I do not need to patronize a place that treats you that way.