“Delicious dinner and great service”
Review of Squan Tavern

Squan Tavern
Ranked #7 of 58 Restaurants in Manasquan
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Description: Located in Manasquan NJ about a mile from the beach, Squan Tavern offers a wide variety of Italian classics and American fare and the areas best pizza. Our dining room is cozy and our friendly staff will make your experience memorable. Full service bar, seating to 160, outside dining, take out menu, catered trays to go. Established in 1964, family owned and operated Squan tavern has been a favorite casual family dining restaurant at the Jersey shore. Buon Appetito!
Reviewed 5 June 2017

First time at Squan Tavern - we ate dinner here on a Sunday night to celebrate my son's birthday. When I heard Squan Tavern I thought pub food, but nooooo it's Italian :). We had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated but then were greeted by our very friendly and efficient waitress. Hot crusty bread, good salads, and delicious Italian food - between all of us we ordered 1 pizza, eggplant rollantini, chicken Yolanda, lasagna, and tortellini alfredo. Good sized portions with enough to take home a doggy bag. It seems to be a place where families and locals come for good Italian food. Can definitely recommend!

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Wife and went to squan tavern last night
While it was the Kentucky derby and very crowded and noisy we were ok with that.
We were seated and we have been here before (we are locals) we like to go to different Italian restaurants. Well I ordered the linguine with broccoli and garlic. First ,the presentation was horrible ,the broccoli was giant pieces laid on top of pasta not cut and tossed in. The garlic was none. We had a side of sautéed spinach which I used the juices from that to pour over my pasta. There was no garlic in my dish and taste was none! My wife had eggplant parmigiana and she said it was ok. Nothing to write home about.
Service was good. But we will never go back. And for me to say this is bad. You really need to be bad for me to not want to eat Italian food.
Maybe it was a bad night or not. But busy or not. Quality is none! And lost us as customers. Other pizza in area is just as good if not better.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

First time here with family for dinner after going to the local Theater, everyone enjoyed the food from eggplant to salmon. The interior was a little dated but clean, a local place reasonably priced, our server Joy was fantastic and made our experience enjoyable and fun! I will definitely stop here again.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

First time with friends who have been there many times. I can see why they come back. Food was very good and cooked right. Staff was also very friendly and on point. Place crowed going in and coming out. That alone tells you something. Be prepared to wait on weekends. Reasonably priced. Could use either a extra wait staff or someone walking floor to check on diners needing anything. Does not take away from the wait staff as they were great. well run place.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

A big group on a Saturday night, they don't take reservations here but knew we were coming and so they did not keep us waiting long. The waitress was wonderful, the food was great and the people around us were very, very friendly. Great experience.