“Good Pub Food”

Cuisines: American, Irish, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Egan's is a nice place to get together with friends or for a couple looking for a night out. They have a basic menu with a few "Irish" dishes thrown in to live up to their being an Irish Pub. I had the Bangers and Mash and it wasn't bad. The burger my friend had looked good. The place gets busy but the service is prompt and the staff very friendly. The place is good for lunch, dinner or drinks. They have an extensive list of beer to choose from. Their "Seasonal" beers may not actually be representative of the actual season. For instance, even though it was December when we were there they had a few summer beers on tap.

If going for the first time and not familiar with the area in Montclair, parking is scarce but there is a parking lot in the back of the restaurant. If using GPS, just drive around the block once you have reached your destination.

1  Thank Thomas D

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

We love Egans, and our family likes to go on Sun evening. Our mother in law uses a wheelchair and the staff is very helpful with us. There really isn't a bad offer on the menu- my favorite is the hanger steak or the salmon, but there is no bad choice. Great cold beer selection, nice wines, and comfortable atmosphere.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

I like Egan's. It's a good bar with a great atmosphere in a great space. By and large, the staff are friendly and the drinks are good. But the food is just too expensive for what it is.

I like the fish and chips and that remains my safe choice, but too many times I've been disappointed by trying something else. The steaks (especially the specials) are NYC prices but not as good and you can easily feel a bit let down by your choice.

Parking's good and easy, the veggie side dishes are good and the kids always enjoy themselves, but paying Manhattan prices in MTC isn't always great...

Reviewed 22 November 2016

4 of us went around 7pm. We started at the bar, since there was a wait, but it was less than 15 minutes.(the old " order a drink first" trick.) The place has great bones- very nice environment, and the restaurant has a parking lot on the back side of Walnut St, which is great, bc parking on Walnut is metered and limited. We ordered a variety of entrees- all decent. My only issue, was the lack of service. At one point, I actually had to hunt down our server to ask her for drinks. Management should spend a little time training their staff. It's not their fault. They do not know what they do not know...

Reviewed 21 October 2016

I love this restaurant/bar. It is as authentic an Irish Pub as you can get in the US. The owners, Chris and Sharon Egan are incredible and take great pride in everything they do (Chris even comes complete with the Irish accent). Their food is wonderful and they offer a great selection of beer, wine and drinks.