“Family friendly food and service”
Review of Bellissimo

Bellissimo
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Montvale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Set in a strip mall with plenty of parking Bellissimo delivered on convenience, variety of selections, good food at a fair price and good service.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Outside it’s a strip mall, inside it’s an upscale Italian restaurant. Bring your own wine (there’s a liquor store next door). The food is plentiful, fresh, delicious and authentic. The meat tortellini in the wine cheese sauce was flavorful and not over-cheesy. Gnocchi were not too heavy. Save room for dessert! And we had decaf cappuccino—so good.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Top staff, warm management, excellent food and during mild weather, outdoor dining, make this place worth a few visits a month. Byob allows us to enjoy our own fine wine, with their fine food. Love it!

Reviewed 21 March 2018

This is a popular spot in the area and always crowded. Friday night around 6 we had a 45-minute wait with no one was leaving when they were told the wait time. It’s bring you own, but there’s a liquor store a few stores down if you forget. The set up is very NYC like. Lots of table and very loud. There’s a nice selection on the menu and a few interesting specials that night. The salads were a descent size. Everyone at the table was happy with the food overall. I thought the veal was very good and would order it again. The service was excellent and the restaurant was very clean. The prices were reasonable for a high quality Italian restaurant. Parking can be a bit tight in the front of the restaurant but there’s plenty around the side of the strip mall.

2  Thank Marc K
Reviewed 5 March 2018

My last visit here was with a friend who had a gift cetificate to use and I was the lucky guest. This time it was my gift certificate with which I treated my husband. Call ahead for a reservation or to see if you will need one. We knew we would be stopping in on a Sunday afternoon and were told over the phone that a party of two would most likely not have a problem just stopping in. With wine bottle in hand, we were seated immediately-this is a BYOB restaurant. There were at least three family parties/gatherings happening while we were there, which did not affect the great service we received from Ricardo. He was most gracious, mildly amusing and just attentive enough. A caveat--no matter what time you dine on Sunday, you will be ordering from the DINNER menu--no lunch menu on Sunday. The warm bread and olives in olive oil are great to nibble on while you await your house salad--yes you can ask for more warm bread! Nothing special about the house salad--you can get some delicious grated cheese or freshly ground pepper for your salad. My husband ordered the fettucini alfredo--he ate it all and loved it, sopping up the sauce with the warm bread. I ordered the linguini puttanesca which was loaded with capers, sliced garlic and whole kalamata olives. It was delicious but I could not finish it, My one thought on it was that the capers may have been a bit overwhelming for it. If capers aren't your favorite, don't order this dish. Looking forward to enjoying my leftovers, though. Ricardo smartly asked if we wanted a dessert TO SHARE--great question! Yes, we coud share something so we chose the Limoncello mascarpone layer cake---wish I had ordered an extra one to bring home. Truly fantastic. Anyone else want to give us a gift certificate?? We'll use it!!!

Been to Bellissimo? Share your experiences!