“Sun Night”
Review of Aloft Mount Laurel

Aloft Mount Laurel
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed 20 October 2015 via mobile

I had a very pleasant stay. Nice customer service very friendly staff. Room was spacious and clean. Bathroom was a nice size. Great atmosphere. My boyfriend and I stayed here because he made the reservation. I wanted to stay some where else. But yo my surprise I enjoyed it. The bar was nice too. Being next door to Millers Ale House was a plus.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Teresa N, Director of Communications at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2015

Brittany, Huge thanks to your BF for surprising you with an Aloft stay that you ended up loving! I hope you guys are Aloft Hotels groupies now! We are pleased to offer modern and clean amenities in a space that is open and always abuzz with a smooth vibe. Additionally, I'm glad that you enjoyed date night at Miller's Ale House and hope you'll choose to stay with us again for future stay-cations!

Reviewed 19 October 2015

The team at the front were awesome. Shout out to Sokol and Greg for their amazing service and going out of their way to help in each and every way possible. I spend weeks on the road at a time, but I would return to this hotel just for the friendly faces and easy going attitude. The hotel itself is exactly what you would expect if you have ever stayed at Aloft before. If you haven't, give them a try. Its a more relaxed environment than most. The reason I gave a 4 out of 5 was because of housekeeping. It is obvious they didn't spend a lot of time cleaning...my shower still had pieces of my shampoo bottle wrapper on the floor of the shower after they cleaned the room.

Room Tip: Top floor is the quietest and make sure you are not above the bar for karaoke night or you will hear...
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank wheretogonext1
Teresa N, Director of Communications at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2015

Huge thanks to you for your really awesome review! We are so proud to have Greg and Sokol on our team! Both of them are great assets to our front desk and I can't wait to share your kind comments with them. The overall vibe of Aloft Hotels is easy breezy. With an energetic bar scene, 24 hour fitness center and indoor pool on site, our team aims provide great amenities with service that is prompt and not stuffy. Thank you for making us aware of the re:fresh issues you experienced. I will be sure to share this feedback with our housekeeping supervisor. And if you ever feel that your loft is not cleaned up to par, just let the front desk know and we can have someone re:fresh it for you. Thank you for staying sassy, savvy and we're looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

This is my first and last time to stay at this hotel. I have stayed at other aloft hotels and liked the service and look. Wednesday night is karaoke night here and it is deafening in the lobby and extremely loud in my 3rd floor room. I have called the front desk 4 times to ask them to turn down the volume, but they don't even answer the phone.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Teresa N, Director of Communications at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Thank you for staying with us while in the area on business, we are happy to hear that Aloft Hotels have been your hotels of choice for regular business travel. Since you are an Aloft groupie, I'm sure you can understand that the vibe of the W XYZ Bar is energetic. We host many events, like karaoke and live music regularly for our guests. Karaoke remains on our ticket due to high demand and begins at 5:30pm and ends promptly at 9:30pm every Wednesday. I am very sorry for the difficulty you experienced when trying to call the front desk and I want to apologize for the noise level of karaoke. We will share your comments with our GM and we will continue to further monitor the volume.

Reviewed 11 October 2015

I had a two night reservation at the Aloft Mt. Laurel and a split experience with one bad night, one good night, and no follow up after I complained, leading to an overall poor recommendation. The hotel itself and rooms are excellent in a trendy environment and to be frank, I'll give them another chance in the future; but beware your reservation if you make a change and don't expect 'above and beyond' customer service. Due to a change in my travel plans, I had to shift my reservations over the phone. I received an e-mail follow-up but upon my arrival late in the evening after a long drive, there was no reservation and the hotel was full. The fact that I had an e-mail confirmation didn't matter. While frustrated, i was more disappointed that the staff did not make any effort to call around for lodging on my behalf -- as a Starwood Preferred Guest, the staff could have gone just a bit further because there's a Westin (part of spg alliance) right across the street and other alliance hotels in the area, but I didn't know the area and, as a result, visited 4 hotels before finding a place for the evening. I did stay at Aloft Mt. Laurel the second night just to see since I do travel to the area regularly, and was satisfied. A review based solely on my stay on the second night would be a 4. Again, trendy hotel, very clean, very comfortable bed, free wifi, bar in the lobby, restaurant next door, with Starbucks 50 yards away. But this reviews covers my entire experience. Strike two is I wrote the hotel an online review for the stay but received no follow up. Strike three is that the review website was pathetically slow (I checked, wasn't my connection -- others sites were fine). Finally, the Ale House next door is convenient, lively, and decent food in a sports bar/restaurant kind of setting and there's a Starbucks across the parking lot. The combo is a strong setup for business travels. Again, this is a mixed review -- solid-to-very-good hotel for business travelers but double check any reservation changes you make.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business

Dear Tom, I am so sorry for the miscommunication about your reservations. Any time you need to make a change to your reservation please call the hotel directly at 856-234-1880 and not the 800 number. Hotel reservations are based on availability and are never guaranteed. In situations like this, our front desk agents are trained to always offer alternative options for guests checking in when the hotel is full. That is why each shift at the front desk does a market call around. I am sorry if this wasn't helpful when you were here, but thank you for coming back the next day to try us out. Again, I am very sorry that your first experience with us was not up to par, but thank you for your comments about your stay on the second visit. I hope you can see that Aloft hotels offers great amenities for business travelers and we hope you will come back to see us soon. But call the front desk directly at 856-234-1880 and we will be sure to deliver a sassy, savvy experience!

Reviewed 4 October 2015

For someone who spends more days on the road and in hotels than at home you'd think I'd understand why and how the hotel star rating system works. "They" call it a 3 star hotel, and although it doesn't offer 5 star amenities, it's service, in my opinion, should bump up the rating, or at least be noted.
The front desk was staffed by Sokol and Greg when I checked in. I was not first in line, so was able to see them check folks in. You'd think everyone was a close relative or friend of theirs by the genuine warm greeting everyone, including me got. Professional to T. All were checked in with not only effortless speed and efficiency, but with a welcoming smile.
I've stayed here 10 times before and for good reason. Thanks again for making me feel so welcomed here.

Room Tip: all rooms seem to be quiet but I always ask for a high floor...
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Teresa N, Director of Communications at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2015

Thank you for such a great review. We sincerely appreciate feedback from our road warriors like you! Unfortunately, you are correct, Aloft hotels are what they call a "limited service" style of hotel. Because we are not "full service" we are listed as a 3 star hotel solely based on the amenities we provide. While our Aloft amenities are awesome, full service hotels have additional things, like a concierge, valet parking and bell hop. Don't be fooled though! Our team always goes above and beyond to get you anything you need while staying with us. I can't wait to share your kudos with Greg and Sokol. A warm welcome after a long day on the road is most appreciated and we know that. It's always our pleasure to welcome you back, it's important to be comfortable in your home away from home.