“Best pizza in town.”

Filippo's Famous Pizza
Ranked #54 of 201 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Reviewed 23 April 2017

Just around the corner from the State theater. If you're looking for fancy surroundings, this is not the place. Family business with super food and quick service. Have eaten lunch there many times and is a good place for a bite before going to the State Theater.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Perfect place to have a quick meal before going to the theaters in New Brunswick. Quick, friendly service and decent food.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Since I only had 35 minutes before a show, I was limited in my meal choices. I couldn't order a pasta dish which would take 20 minutes to prepare, so I settled for a small salad and 2 slices of pizza. The small salad($4.50), served in a take-our aluminum container consisted of lettuce, an abundance of fresh grape tomatoes and onions and was very tasty. On the other hand, the two slices of regular pizza were just average, no better than the ones you get in some of the small store front pizza shops on 42nd St in NYC priced at 2 slices and a soda for $2.65.

Reviewed 12 January 2017

I was in New Brunswick to see a show and had a short amount of time to eat. I found Filippo's around the corner from the theatre and was pleasantly surprised. The pizza tasted like it was made in NYC.....crust was thin and crispy and there was a nice layer of sauce and cheese. It's hard to find this style of pizza in NJ. The manager Camillo was friendly and had a nice sense of humor. I will definitely go back there.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

I admit I haven't been here in a few months, and we only had pizza, which I found VERY ordinary, a little too bready for my taste, and ordinary taste. Pizza should taste so good that you can't stop eating even when you're full. I will never understand how anyone can make un-flavorful pizza sauce and dough. But it still happens. Here.