“Very nice paintings”

Zimmerli
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The paintings here are very nice. I love to look at them every time I come here. The floors in the place are always clean. It has never been dirty when I came. One problem. The staff. Of course, in any museum, people should never touch anything. I accidentally almost slipped, and I lightly touched the painting to stop me. One of the staff workers, hisses at me to not touch the paintings. I apologize and he walks away. On my way up from the museum, I look at a painting, and the lady immediately tells me not to touch the painting, even though I did not touch anything, with a strong attitude. The most someone should stay here is two hours, I would say, Its a decent sized museum for that size of people. Other than that, a nice museum, with rude staff,

All reviews
"century"
"school"
"photos"

Reviewed 4 March 2018

American art, Russian art ,Carved in stone. lots to see in a well lit quiet space. the time slipped away. it was a rainy Sunday that turned out well. bring comfortable shoes. the price FREE. great way to spend an afternoon .

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

. . . Your effort is rewarded because the Zimmerli is a wonderful university-based museum. So, don't be deterred by the difficulty of getting a nearby place to park or by the exterior of the building which gives the impression that it is a small museum. This is a very high quality museum with some very extensive exhibits.

We came specifically for the Social Photography exhibit and were blown away by the extent and quality of the photos. I would call it advocacy photojournalism with a decidedly left leaning bent. It covered the early 20th century poverty on New York's lower East side up to and including the current Black Lives Matter period. It was made all the more interesting by the inclusion of photos from various European countries, especially Russia. The accompanying explanations were very helpful.

We made a commitment to return to see the Russian Revolution exhibition that looked very good.

Yes, the museum is free but you may make a donation and we did. The deserve it. It's a wonderful place.

1  Thank TeamMan
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Best to come on weekend or when school is on holiday: easier to get parking on the street.
Admission is free to all!
Exhibits are well-documented and informative and easy to access.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 November 2017

I was born in Santa Monica California and went home to Venice California 64 years and 7 months ago. La Cabana' Mexican restaurant at Rose and Lincoln Blvd. came to Venice about 45 years ago. It is the best Mexican food on the west side by far. Everything is home made. The chips, the salsa, the tortillas, the mole, the guacamole, everything. It is a family business first run by the father and now run by the son Carlos. The services is outstanding the waiters (a few) have been there for at least 40 years. On Friday and Saturday they are open until 3 a.m. You will be very full and very happy when you leave La Cabana'