“Great Greek Experience in Newark”
Review of Andros Restaurant

Andros Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 615 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Diner, Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 20 December 2017

Hello! We were 6 (30s men and women) traveling through Newark to get to Manhattan when we decided to grab a bite. No it isnt anything fancy but good food and what an experience!
To our delight, we met the owner who treated us just as though we were in his home as family! George (I believe that is his name) was such a joy and we were impressed that we would find such a place with so much charm! George if you ever read this: "We are so thankful we got to meet you! We are the Montrealer Greeks who came into Andros and ate great food and we so greatly appreciated the awesome desserts and the Sambuca with espresso -- definitely kept us full and awake until our drive to Manhattan! Harikame pou sas gnorisame! Me agape, apo Chios kai Montreal!!"

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Wonderful place. Great food but reasonable prices. Friendly and efficient workers. We ordered the Classic BLT, pumpkin cheesecake, Italian chicken sandwich, panini sandwich. Everything was delicious. The entrees came with the tasty coleslaw and fresh fries.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I went to Andros Restaurant on a recommendation on a review and really enjoyed my
lunch. I ordered a classic hamburger with cheese that came out perfectly cooked and the French Fries that were made for me. Their little dish of cole slaw was excellent. It was creamy and well spiced. The whole meal was enjoyable and I was glad I was able to give the cook something to do because the place was empty at 5:00pm.

The service could not have been nicer and the waiter gave me his full attention without hovering over me. He also watched my refills and gave me two without asking.

The restaurant has a nice menu and an extensive amount of home baked desserts.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

I prefer this diner for breakfast or brunch. It is convenient to walk to if you are in the Ironbound area and the staff is always friendly. They are open 24hrs so you can get breakfast at 3am after a long night of partying too LOL.

Reviewed 27 February 2016

Staying at a near by hotel, the front desk recommended this place for delivery.The menu was extensive and a little expensive but we were in for the night and not going back out... Delivery was almost 50min instead of the 35 to 40 promised and then only part of the order showed up... I was hungry and paid the guy before realizing we were short a salad and the so called free 2L soda... Called the restaurant and they said they would call the driver... Called again and they said it was on the way... I am still waiting... The food was OK but I hate getting stiffed... I even gave the guy a nice tip! NOT recommended for delivery...