“The BEST Steaks around!!!!”
Review of Mr. Adams

Mr. Adams
Ranked #55 of 597 Restaurants in Newark
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Reviewed 21 June 2016

Went here for the first time for Fathers Day. Me being a steak lover I have to say, this place is amazing. Great wait staff, great menu, and great atmosphere. There's just something special about beef being cook on a wood burning grill. And I'm telling you this place does it right. I will be going back here and I will tell everyone I know to visit here as well. All at a very reasonable price. Steaks cost between $25 - $35 (depending on the cut meat). Well worth the price. For the staff, just keep doing whatever it is that you're doing.... it works

Reviewed 25 April 2016

This was our first time to the NJPAC and right around the corner we saw Mr. ADAMS Steak House. The staff was wonderful. We did not have a lot of time so they recommended we sit in the bar area. They advised we could get everything except for the Rodizio, so we said ok. Not knowing what the Rodizio was and this was popular here we asked our waitress. RODIZIO is Alot of fresh meat carved from skewers right at your table. However in the bar area you can order it as an appetizer a sampling of Rodizio. The waitress was kind enough to say it was a nice helping of chicken, steak, short ribs and Portuguese sausage. She suggested we could have rice , beans and vegetables along side and it would be enough food. Omgosh it was plenty for me and my husband. The food was absolutely delicious and you can not go wrong. Will definitely be back with friends next time.

Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

I had made a reservation for 5:00, did not take into account the traffic on McCarter Highway, along with Barnum & Bailey at the PruCenter. I called to tell them I was running late, and the person on the other end, was so polite and understanding. So, off to a great experience.

Our server was Brandon, and he was attentive, and delightful. I ordered the short rib, which was on a bed of greens, with 3 condiments on the plate. I also ordered a baked potato. My friend ordered the grilled salmon. We enjoyed the food, the blue sangria and the pleasant personality of Brandon. The hostess at the front was very pleasant as well and I suspect she had answered the phone when I called.

Very nice atmosphere, and before we left it was starting to fill up. Good choice with eating here. Food and service was great!

1  Thank Leesir
Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

So I've been to Mr. Adams manyyyyy times but never seen the place so packed. My BF knows I love it here so he made a reservation which I'm glad he did. We arrived 20 minutes early and were seated immediately, but the wait was about 45 minutes long.

So my first issue, we were seated but we not greeted for at least 15 minutes by our waiter. It seems as if the waiters were stretched extremely thin on this day.

Once we were greeted we were asked what we wanted to drink. The waiter took our drink orders which were non alcoholic and it took maybe another 10-15 minutes to receive them. In between that time we were asked were we ready to order.

I ordered the grilled lobster tail and my BF ordered the strip steak with salmon well done. Our food came out many 30 minutes later, and immediately I was disappointed. My lobster and asparagus was cold. The only thing warm was the mashed potatoes. My boyfriend's steak was medium, but him being so hungry he really didn't care. My lobster tAil was extremely chewy like him as if it was over cooked. Lastly the salmon was missing from my boyfriends plate.

I attempted to stomach one of my lobster tails and gave up. My boyfriend shared his steak with me, but I was extremely disappointed.

There were other issues, but that would be nitpicking. I definitely should've given Mr. Adams a lower score but have had great experiences here. Word of advice don't attend on major holidays, they can't handle it.

2  Thank Shavon P
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Great Food! Great Service! Great Sangria! Great Cocktails!
Went to Mr. Adams to celebrate a friends birthday.
Order the Rodizio. It is awesome. OMG!! So much meat.
Tip - If going as a couple, One order the rodizio and one order the entree. Shhh! There is so much meat to share but you can't take home a doggie bag. But the person with the entree can.

1  Thank trusteeeva

Been to Mr. Adams? Share your experiences!