DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport
US$192
US$183
Courtyard
1,664 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesindoor poolgift shoplobby areahotel staffan early morning flightnew yorkshuttle serviceairportdrivernycbistrotransportationnjcruise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Original stay did not work out so we came across this hotel on our desperate attempt to find something online last minute. A step up from our original, however much lacking in appearance. Hotel is located convenient to Newark airport, however in a crazy high traffic area with complicated winding options to take so can be quite confusing and dangerous if unfamiliar with area. Hotel itself is undergoing a facelift so not the most welcoming entry way to the reception area. Parking is limited and extra in cost. Rooms seem a bit used and abused and there is no security box in rooms. Haggled with reception to work out what I thought was a good rate using AAA. However the following day looked online and found a rate for $20 less with the neighboring hotel which was feet away from this one. Asked if they would honor that competitor rate and they declined. I was too lazy to relocate for 1 more night's stay but thought that was bad business on their part. There was also a side entry away from reception area that was commonly used by the smokers and in walked all sorts of shady people as well that would be seen lurking the hallways in the middle of the night.... unsettling indeed. No free breakfast, but 2 bottled waters and a cookie was provided at check in. On a positive the room was spacious and bed was comfortable, pillows were extra fluffy. A restful sleep had.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank pfr88
DoubletreeNewark, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

While I’m very glad we were able to accomodate you and provide a refreshing visit when you needed it the most, I am sorry that not all aspects of your stay were optimal. It can be difficult to know every fee while booking from a third-party site, especially at the last minute, and I apologize if you were not made aware of ours. We also understand the rigors of travel and regret any inconvenience. We hope to welcome you back in the future when we complete our new look, for an experience that is nothing short of excellent.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Granted the hotel is under construction, guest need to be a little understanding, if you want quality then you need to have a little patience. With the hotel being under construction you can still feel the warmth from the staff. I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times through out the year and I must say...the security guards/bellmen are always warm and welcoming.

I checked in around 3/4 am and was surprised how amazing my check-in was! Kierra was so nice and welcoming and informative (I do believe she is new and already doing a great job). If I'm not mistaken Naida is the night manager and is ALWAYS pleasant and kind.

I forgot some toiletry items so I had to call the front desk with in seconds I received my items.

The rooms are amazingly better than before however, it seems like housekeeping needs to do a better job maintaining it. They were sold out of Kings so I had to reserve a Queen. On the second bed I noticed a big stain on the box spring located by night light and on the carpet in front of the television was a blue stain. It's unfortunate guests are already damaging the rooms but housekeeping needs to make sure to tackle these issues right away, especially with the carpets being a light color

The little bit of interactions I had with them was bad but I did not feel the way Kierra and Naida made me feel. There is nothing wrong with smiling and saying hello.

My checkout was a bummer, I actually expected the same type of service when I arrived but overall I love staying here. If you work on the service more you will get better results. Guests love to feel welcomed and wanted, and its a team effort so everyone has to participate in it.

PLEASE WORK ON THE PARKING PRICES

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your input, Lashawna. I’m glad that your experience was pleasant despite our renovations. Although it’s wonderful that you received a warm welcome and prompt service from the front desk, I regret that the same level of excellent service was not reflected throughout your stay. Your feedback will be shared with the team to ensure that your next time will be everything you have come to expect. We look forward to your return.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

One of the best stays I’ve ever experienced. I recommend this to anybody looking for a clean room, quality internet and courteous staff members. Even with the construction, things flowed smoothly and every accommodation was provided to me and my family during his business trip.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I’m so happy that you and your family had an excellent visit. We appreciate your 5-star rating and patience with our ongoing renovations. We look forward to seeing you all again when we unveil our new look in the coming weeks. Thank you for staying at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed in this hotel in mid February for one night for a transit in the Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR).

The complimentary airport shuttle is frequent - majority of the time runs every 15 minutes between the hotel and P4. You do not need to call the hotel in advance. Just go and wait as it is a regular rather than pn demand operation.

The hotel is under remodeling when I stay this time and so majority of the place in the lobby and the Executive Lounge are closed.

Being a Diamond member, we are offered a complimentary buffet breakfast that is nice as the choices are good for both the hot and cold dishes including bread. There is also a restaurant and bar for the lunch and dinner service. Note that without a car this is the only choice for for your meal as the hotel is located somewhere in the nowhere that is not within walking distance.

The room I stay is nice with a comfortable King bed and a good Wi-Fi. The fitness center is great and it is one of the best for the DoubleTree hotels I stay in North America.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for your review. I’m thrilled to know that our amenities exceeded your expectations, and our location provided convenient access to the airport. We’re grateful for your loyalty to our brand, and look forward to your next visit to the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. Currently the hotel is under construction and the whole pool/lobby area is out of commission.

I was really surprised that overnight parking for hotel guests in the parking lot was 17 dollars. I ended up returning my rental car early to avoid the charge.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

I’m glad you experienced our warm and courteous service throughout your stay. I apologize if you were not made aware of our parking rates during the time of booking, but I’m glad this did not negatively impact your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, when our renovations are complete.