Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel
US$110
US$186
US$97
Priceline
Best Western Premier NYC Gateway Hotel(North Bergen)(Great Value!)
US$124
BestWestern.com
US$140
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

US$164
US$149
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$186/night.

US$107
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$187/night.

US$100
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$163/night.

All reviewslincoln tunnelthe busnew yorkshuttle servicetimes squarefree breakfastoutdoor poolthe holiday innbagelscinnamon rollsfree parkingbeds were very comfortablebreakfast roominto nycpull out couchport authorityper person
Reviewed 25 February 2012

The hotel itself was very nice and clean. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and plentiful. As others have said, it's close to public transportation into NYC. We took public transportation into the city the day after we stayed here and the staff was happy to allow us to leave our vehicle in the parking lot for the day while we walked to the bus.

While there aren't any restaurants right in the area (at least that I felt comfortable eating at), there is a nice area for shopping/restaurants about 3 miles or so away. Quite a few choices available there.

The neighborhood the hotel is in is very industrial. Not really where I'd expect a hotel to be. While this is no reflection on the hotel, it is something to be aware of when you're heading there - especially if you're arriving after dark in the rain like we did.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 23 January 2012

After being robbed our first night, the managers at the front were incredibly helpful and treated us like gold! They went out of their way to watch video cameras, call law inforcement and make sure we were taken care of. Also, the shuttle right to Times Sqaure was awesome, I believe it was $5 and had many different time slots to leave in the morning-afternoon, and be picked up right until midnight! They also offer a hot breakfast which is nice since NYC is already so expensive! I would reccommend this hotel for anyone! GREAT staff, easy to get into NYC and lives up to the "Holiday Inn Express" reputation

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank AshleyDriedger
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Hi , for those who searching JUST aplace to stay for couple of nights so that they can drive to NY NY, this is theplace, my wife and 9 months old baby and i chose this hotel . never been to ny , so cant tell about any other hotels ... this is a budget hotel about 100$ night , so DONT expect LUX!!!!! over all nice , cLEAN , the brekfast VERY GOOD !!! LOTS OF THINGS !!!! so , if you want to spend more inNY and JUST sleep in nice room, eat good brekfast this is it ! NO veiw watsoever , no fancy shmancy !chek in quick, check out , no royal service but nice and easy ...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank slava s
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Two years ago, my wife and 17 year old daughter visited NYC for the first time. We drove into the city from DC area, staying in a NY hotel, and paid to park for three days. That hotel cost something like $275 a night, small old room, no breakfast, and I paid a lot to park. This time, we traveled to see the Radio City Music Hall Christmas show and spend another day just walking around NYC. So, I wanted to try an new approach and stay in NJ. We picked HIEx because I have had good experiences with them before and they usually have good free full-featured hot breakfast bar. The staff here was very courteous. This time, my now 19 yr old daughter brought a girl friend and we all shared a room. I was able to get a room with two queens and a full size sofa bed. Quite a nice sized room. Very clean bath room. The hotel was recently remodeled. For example, the bathroom was a good size with granite counter top and granite lined shower stall. New flat screen TV. I brought my own DVD player and an HDMI cable so we could watch movies at night after returning from the city. But what about getting to and from the city, you ask? This was great. Just a short 5 minute walk from the back parking lot of the hotel you can catch a shuttle bus into the city. They appear to be run and owned by a Mexican company (my guess due to the Spanish radio music playing on the bus). The buses are those short 36 passenger models. They run all day long about every 15 minutes. Just jump on one, pay $3 (they have change if needed), and you will be into the city in 10 minutes (during non-rush hour), We left the hotel at 11:00 AM after a relaxed free breakfast and returned around 10:00 PM. The shuttles drop off and pick up at the main bus depot right in Times Square. $3 each way. Could not be easier. Those people who talk about the uphill climb walking to the bus stop from the hotel can be ignored (unless you are physically impaired in some way). I would not have even thought of the walk as much of anything had I not read previous reviews before leaving for the trip. If you cannot walk up that tiny upgrade, why are taking a bus to the city to walk around there anyway? The benefits are free parking at the hotel, free breakfast, our room was twice the size of our previous NYC hotel but for only $145/night. Saved a lot of money. The only negative was they ran out of eggs for breakfast the first day and it took like 20 minutes for them to replenish. They were making those mini cheese omelets. I think they learned something because then next day they served scrambled eggs (which can be cooked faster). Oh, they also opened up the breakfast room for us at night so we could use the tables to play some board games.

Room Tip: I signed up for the free preferred membership plan for Holiday Inn. For that, they gave me a top floor room (no one walking above us so quieter) and greeted me at checkin with a little bag with two bags of chips and two bottles of water. That was nice.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank Mark P
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We chose Holiday Inn Express for the reputation of the banner. We were not disapointed nor surprised. The rooms are clean, the staff polite.

At less than 5 minutes of walk, you can take à 3$-run shuttle to New York. With the free parking, the hotel is a great place to stay to visit New York without paying prohibitive prices.

• Stayed: December 2011