My husband and I brought our 3 boys to NYC for a couple of days. We spent our first night here (the price was right) and spent the rest of the time in a Manhattan hotel.
We arrived at around 3pm (earlier than expected) but chose not to go to Manhattan until the next morning (in retrospect, lots of time lost! We probably should have spent the entire time in Manhattan).
When we checked in, they told us that we had "the executive suite...the nicest room in the hotel!". They probably shouldn't have built it up that much :) It was clean, but nothing special. Two queen sized beds that were too soft for us (both my husband and I woke up with sore backs), and one sofa bed.
The breakfast was good - lots of choice. The pancake machine makes rubbery pancakes, but we liked the toaster waffles. Some breakfast meat (at least bacon) could have been offered along side the scrambled eggs.
The area is very industrial, and although we didn't take advantage of the shuttle to Manhattan, I couldn't see myself taking the kids to a bus stop in that neighbourhood around the busy highways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express offers a first-class hotel experience in the heart of the New York Metro area. This North Bergen hotel is minutes from New York University, Continental Airlines Arena, the Empire State Building, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center and Columbia University. The Newark Liberty International Airport is 10 miles away. The hotel is easily accessible from Route 1, Route 9, Route 3 and the New Jersey Turnpike. Newark Penn Station is also close to the hotel. Manhattan and New York City are minutes away via the Lincoln Tunnel, Holland Tunnel and George Washington Bridge. Greenwich Village, Madison Square Garden Arena, Times Square and Broadway are also nearby. This North Bergen hotel features a daily free, hot, Continental breakfast buffet. Additional amenities include free local calls, free weekday newspaper and free coffee. Guests will also enjoy the 24-hour exercise room and outdoor pool. Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like free high-speed Internet access in the room and access to copy and fax services. Our meeting room can accommodate up to 20 people for most events and business functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel Hotel North Bergen
- Palace Hotel New Jersey
- Holiday Inn Express Lincoln Tunnel