“A Hidden Gem”
Review of Rai Rai Ramen

Rai Rai Ramen
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I've been to Rai Rai Ramen many times and it remains my go-to place whenever I'm craving ramen. I absolutely love the mayo ramen, which contains just the right amount of spice for me. The pork is cooked perfectly and the egg is delicious. I have introduced many people to the restaurant, and it never disappoints anymore, no matter what they choose to order. It's BYOB, and you get 10% off if you pay in cash. When I'm in the area, it's a restaurant I continually gravitate to.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Many selections of ramen. Reasonably priced when compared to NY but for NJ is getting up there. They keep increasing the prices over the years. Quite popular with students and families. The wait can be medium to long. Parking usually is not a problem. Try to come before lunch or dinner rush.

My favorite is the spicy seafood ramen. You can get an extra ramen and you can get two meals out of your order. I would skip the fried appetizers like katzu. I would also skip Japanese selections. The fried rice or fried noodles are not that good no matter what you add to it. Shogun 27 is much better for Japanese food. Back to Rai Rai Ramen, stick with Ramen selections; there is enough on the menu for you to try. If you do not like ramen then you should find a different place to eat.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Overall - Authentic noodle house in North Brunswick, provided my family and I with a great dinner.
Food - Had a rice bowl and a chicken katsu shoyu ramen, both were great introductory items for the family to try this cuisine, we all enjoyed.
Atmosphere - Mid sized restaurant with a lot of four top tables and Japanese art.
Service - Our waiter was ok at describing the menu options for first timers, the service itself did take a while but since we are not sure how long this dishes take to prepare it may have been par for the course.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I have been to Rai Rai Ramen a few times now and prioritize a visit every time in the area. I like their variety of dishes suitable for lunch and dinner. The appetizer list is really good, the noodle bowls and the katsu dishes are great

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

i was scheduled to meet up friends from East Brunswick. My friend recommended this place. i got there a bit early. As i was waiting for my friends (by the way, the hostess is very friendly. she invited me to pick a table to wait for my friend), I see patrons coming in are mostly young professionals. Anyway, my friends were not too late. They have a four page menu with all sort of ramen. I picked seafood ramen, my friend picked stir fried rice. We also added a fried chicken nugget as appetiser. The deco is modern, pleasing. The service is great. The food is flavourful. Great place in a non descriptive small town strip mall.