“Accidental Great Find”

On The Rocks - Cape May
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Description: On The Rocks is a waterfront restaurant serving the best burger on the Delaware Bay, alongside other light bites, salads, and sandwiches. We are known for our Orange Crush and other signature cocktails. Come out to watch the sunset and enjoy a relaxing meal just outside Cape May.
Reviewed 21 April 2018

We usually go to a park nearby along the shore right by where the ferry come in. We found out there was a restaurant here and we thought we would give it a try. This is a great little place and very attractive. It's within the ferry terminal so to speak but the outside seating is lovely. Sit on the patio or on the tables on the boardwalk. We just had drinks but we stayed for well over an hour just watching the ferry load and take off and a new one arriving. There is a long boardwalk you can walk along and a huge grassy area where they seem to have entertainment on occasion. We loved it.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We went to do some sightseeing and ended up at the bar and lounge at the Cape May Ferry. It was a nice surprise that capped off a great sunset and fun day in Cape May.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I met with several friends last week for dinner and we elected to try On The Rocks. OK choice. On this evening it appeared that the staff was not prepared for a large crowd of people so service was a bit slow. We were seated promptly, but again, the wait staff were scrambling to keep up with the customers on this night. This is a nice location for a restaurant being right on the Cape May canal and Delaware Bay. The food was ok, but nothing to rave about. Being with good friends in a nice location saved the night.

1  Thank surfer02_10
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I had time for a nice lunch, and that is what I got when I ordered the shrimp po' boy on the patio at On the Rocks. The shrimp were big and meaty, the batter was light (although the bread was too thick and dry for my taste). It came with home made chips, which were nicely browned. Stefan from Romania was my server, and he was very pleasant. I would come back here again next time I take the ferry.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

My wife and I stopped by here for lunch recently. They indoor and outdoor seating. When the weather is nice. A great view of the Capemay-Lewis ferry and the Delaware Bay. Great local craft beer selection. We had appetizers and the wings and chips with onion dip was excellent. Served quickly and hot. Service was very good, reasonable prices and as I already mentioned a great view.