“Inexpensive!”
Review of Luray Manor

Luray Manor
We can't find prices for this hotel
Luray Manor
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Great, clean place to stay. If you have really young children, I recommend renting a bigger space, but overall this is clean and close to everything! The cost was $200 for two nights how can you beat that?! I slept in a bunk with my 4 year old while my hubby had the bed, bad idea! I got cuddled and slapped all night! That is the reasoning for my recommendation on a slightly bigger place! :o)

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Pros: Very clean, friendly, family feel. TV is shared in the lobby,where there is chilled water and board games. Nice verandah outside. This is an old-school hotel; you feel like you are visiting Grandma's beach house back in the 1960's. Other guests are very friendly. The price CANNOT be beat; 3 nights for under $300 in the summer season! I like that it is old-fashioned, family owned, not a chain. We will definitely stay there again.

Cons: Rooms are small, some have a hall bathroom. Not a problem; they are very clean and on my floor only 4 rooms shared 2 bathrooms; they were never full. You can also get a bathroom in the room. Walk-up to 2nd and 3rd floors. Lobby area is not air conditioned, and we were there in the August heat wave this year. No ice machine but there was an in-room refrigerator with freezer and ice tray. No place outside to wash off sand, so whack it off at the beach. Bike rack is wood; hmm).

Bottom line: great simple affordable friendly beach place.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NatureGirl4
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We rented two rooms for two nights and it was less than 300$ in the middle of summer! I couldn't believe it! It was so convenient being only 3 blocks from the boardwalk and beach.The rooms were clean and comfy and the air conditioner was perfect especially for me who is always hot. I will absolutely be returning whenever I go to Ocean City !

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed 26 July 2015

My wife and I found this little place and were thrilled we did. This was a very clean and well kept place. Not sure if it's a hotel or B&B without the breakfast. Either way it is a great place. The rooms were clean. The place was quiet even on the weekend when it was sold out. The staff was very friendly. The owners are fantastic. Ruth is who you will talk to when you call. Her and her husband have been running hotels in OC and raised their family there. They downsized from a large hotel to the Luray Manor as they got older. We met the daughters who work there in the summer. We found them to be a friendly and welcoming family they took care of those who stayed there. The Luray is perfectly located a short walk to the boardwalk and beach but far enough to be able to sit on the large front porch in the quiet. There is no parking but plenty of parking on the street. You can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: Get a room with a bathroom. Corner rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill-Camille W
Reviewed 11 July 2015

Have been staying here for the last 15 yrs when we visit Ocean City, NJ. The place is simply decorated and very clean. No smokey or musty smells that I have noticed in other places that we checked out closer to the Beach. It reminds me of Grandmas. Ruth n her staff are very friendly. It's a family run place. Being on a budget we are able to visit each Summer due to the reasonable prices Luray Manor charges.
I don't think you'll be disappointed if you stay here. It's also close to Downtown where our children would like to shop at the 5 and 10 store when they were younger.

Room Tip: Have never had a bad mattress but did have a bunk bed that was squeaky on the top bunk yrs ago.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family