“Oh yum!”

Jon & Patty's Coffee Bar & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Jon & Patty's Coffee Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 227 Restaurants in Ocean City
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between E. 6th St. and E. 7th St.
Reviewed 18 June 2018

We were there for Restaurant Week, lucky us! My husband had a shrimp dish and I had the Ahi Tuna tacos. His shrimp were cooked to perfection and my Ahi Tuna tacos were perfectly rare. They were welcoming and attentive, even though they had a full house.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

So impressed from start to finish! Warm welcome by owner Jon who enjoys making everyone feel like a friend who’s stopping by for a great evening. Fantastic food made with fresh ingredients at reasonable prices. The mini crab cake appetizer was so good. I also had a side salad with a wonderful house dressing and beverage all for $15. The wait staff was so friendly and attentive even though it was a busy night. Can’t say enough about this great little place! If you’re in town, don’t miss it!

1  Thank 7DBGirl
Reviewed 8 June 2018

...the food knocks you off your feet. I'm told they have a ridiculously small kitchen in the back, with three cooks who work as one. And man, they knock it out of the park. Jon & Patty's seats (maybe) 50 downstairs and another 80 upstairs. The food is incredible. The aura is cozy, friendly and appeals to those of us who may have spent our teen years in the 1970s. (If you don't believe me, just listen to the background music: James Taylor, the Eagles, England Dan and John Ford Coley.)

I started my dinner with what has to be the *best* clam chowder I've had anywhere. And I've eaten at some pretty good places throughout New England. This bowl beat it hands down: unbelievably filled with clams, potatoes, corn and more. The broth was milky but not too thick, which indicates too much corn starch or flour thrown in the thicken it up. I asked the manager to pass my comments on to the cook in the back; she came back several minutes later, saying mine was the THIRD comment like that this week alone.

My wife had the beef and brie quesadilla, which she really loved. Our daughter had the chicken salad sandwich; the bread made it worth the meal alone, while our son-in-law had a tomato stack, with mozzarella and balsamic vinegar drizzle. Their kids, meanwhile, had mac and cheese that our daughter said was good enough that she'd consider ordering it for herself next time around. My hamburger was standard, but tasty.

This is also a socially/environmentally aware restaurant; they've gotten rid of plastic straws here in favor of the old-style paper ones...and urge you to consider going without any straws in the name of conservation. They have several signs up around the place, saying "Straws suck."

Ocean City is well known as a family-friendly town. Jon & Patty's may be one of the most family-friendly places here.

1  Thank StevePR104
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I wish I could comment on more of their menu items but, to be honest, I’ve only ever had the Nutty Chicken Salad Sandwich and the Coconut Chicken Salad. Both are so tasty, I haven’t been able to order anything else on the menu yet!

They also do take out, which I love, and they are always quick despite being so busy, which is crucial when you’re on a 30 minute lunch break!

1  Thank Jessica T
Reviewed 2 June 2018

Usually food in a seashore resort town is average at best and way overpriced. This is a very satisfying exception. Jon & Patty’s is a small and cozy restaurant. The service is friendly and professional. We had four different entrees and we were all delighted. The seafood is fresh and perfectly cooked. The lobster tails were perfect. The yankee pot roast on home made noodles was outstanding. The prices were actually reasonable. When you need a break from boardwalk pizza and fries, get a very satisfying meal at Jon and Patty’s.

1  Thank DessertFirst