“Best Paella in the area”
Review of El CID Restaurant

El CID Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 151 Restaurants in Paramus
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

What a surprise both for me and my wife. We love Spanish food, we love seafood.
So we had a family gathering to celebrate our niece graduation, and we went to this restaurant in Paramus, NJ
Great surprise, Spanish style restaurant, Spanish style food and ambiance.
As soon we saw the menu and there was "Paella Marinera" and caserola de en salsa verde( seafood casserole in green sauce , we went for it.
It was the best Spanish style Paella I have enjoyed in many years... and for my wife ,the seafood casserole, was also outstanding.
Real Spanish Cuicine, flavor, presentation, color, and lot of seafood...how lucky we were last night...We really enjoyed the food, the ambiance and the quality. Is a Repeat restaurant for us from now on whenever around the area...Unconditional recommendation...

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Met a friend for lunch - this place was her pick and it was a good one! Love this place - the food was awesome. Had Paella Valencia - had clams, mussels, shrimp, squid, shrimp, sausage, chicken and a half of lobster. Excellent. My husband had the veal cutlets with almonds, awesome! Place has an throw back feel to it, food is excellent and very generous (we called the prime rib the Flintstone Cut - huge!). Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

We've been to El Cid many times and have never been disappointed. The food is absolutely delicious no matter what we've ordered. I cannot wait until our next 'date night' to go to El Cid again.

1  Thank Inka335
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I have had everything on the menu and even order of al a cart and there's nothing you won't enjoy here have had business meal,wake sadly,birthday parties and the after jets game lose meal you would think the post was fake if I said win or that I have only been here a handful of times but if you are anywhere with 50 miles of here make it here and just please give me your thoughts but for real folks any steak over medium isn't a steak remember that before you tell me how bad a well done steak was even thou I'm sure they could make it where you'd still smile

1  Thank Jay D
Reviewed 10 May 2017

I have been here numerous times and always enjoy the meal. I love the serving size of the meals. Definitely worth it. The twin lobster tails and steak are fantastic. We recently tried the chilean sea bass and it seemed like it could feed 3 people along with the other food we ordered. All of the sides that come with this meal are great too. Sorry, forgot to take pictures this time around, but well worth it. The price is on the higher end, but well worth it.