Open today: 4:00 PM - 9:30 PM

Reviewed 27 January 2020
Will B
New York City, New York
Escape room- 1408

We had been to The Brighton Asylum before for their haunted house which was really fun so we... read more

Reviewed 3 November 2019
Diana T
Staten Island, New York

All reviews haunted house industrial area escape room fun experience fun night great fun necklace makeup actors halloween bleeding factory movie startled tomb glow hints
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2021

Went for Valentine's day and expected it to be much more high tech and clean I guess you could say. Being one of the most talked about escape rooms in all of NJ I had high hopes. I've been to many escape rooms before that were much cheaper and much more enjoyable and clean. I went to 1408 which was very very dirty but also given you have unlimited hints and everything was very dingy and broken it was difficult to complete anything. We had gotten to the last big clue and we did the step correctly but because the person there was not paying attention, we did not get to go into the last room. It was all very dirty and since I washed my hands going in, as i left my hands were extremely dirty just from doing this escape room. The clues we had left were very self explanatory and we would have escaped if the woman had payed more attention to us. Definitely wouldn't recommend, not worth the hype and definitely not worth the money.

Date of experience: February 2021
Reviewed 15 February 2021

My friend and I booked a lane at the Hack Shack and believe me, we were not disappointed!! While it is confusing as to where to park and get in, we were able to find a very friendly staff member (actor for the Brighton Asylum I believe) who helped us. We were met by our axemaster, Morgan, who gave us invaluable instruction (neither one of us had ever thrown an axe in our lives!) and patiently offered tips when one of us had an errant axe throw. After we had warmed up and become somewhat used to throwing axes, my friend and I went head to head in some competitive games. We were fairly closely matched so it would often come down to the last throwing of the hatchet to see who has won! This was such an amazing experience, I highly recommend booking a lane!

Date of experience: February 2021
Reviewed 18 November 2020

Over all experience was great, also one of my friend cried and ran out of the building. WORTH IT! It was way more scarier than I expected.

Date of experience: October 2020
Reviewed 27 January 2020

We booked the 1408 escape room to celebrate a family members birthday and what a blast! Everyone agreed it was a great experience and we had so much fun. The 1408 theme made for a spooky experience that was like being in the movie. The room itself was challenging but we were able to escape with 4 minutes to spare. Our family loved it. Fun effects , great staff and an unforgettable time! We def plan to come back to try the other ones!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed 14 January 2020

We booked room 1408. Must’ve been a slow night, we were the only ones there at 8:30. Nonetheless, we still enjoyed ourselves! 4 walls, no roof. Room was “haunted” played the noise effects in the background. It was a good time with family.

Date of experience: January 2020