“A Jersey Classic”

Price range: US$31 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2018

I can't tell you how many times I came here as a kid. The place hasn't changed much at all. Always very good food. Favorite was always prime rib or steaks. Ribs were always a great standby to. Can't go wrong with the specialty dishes here. Don't miss it if you are in the area.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

As a kid I have fond memories of the aroma of sizzling steaks hit you as soon as you got close to the door. After many years we went back...just not the same. Salad bar was minimal and the place smelled like a dirty carpet! I wanted to leave but decided to stay. The steak was good but a bit expensive considering the atmosphere. Drinks were good and generous. Waitress was very nice and attentive.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

My wife says that the lead in dates me, so be it. The Pub has been a South Jersey institution for decades. When other fine dining establishments have come and gone, it is still here. Walking in the front door is like taking a step back in time. You see the suits of armor, the vaulted ceilings, the open hearths and bars and it awakens so many memories. The salad bar is new from the original offerings, when you got a quarter wedge of ice berg lettuce and salad dressing with your meal. The menu offered in this grand hall is still similar to the original.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Went here after not being able to get close to the Camden Aquarium (nightmare!). My girlfriend said we should "go to this place she went when she was a kid". So we ventured a short trip down the highway to The Pub. I love this place. The minute you step inside, you are reminded of a time when restaurants were dining experiences and not the bland, institutional, coldness many restaurants in our cookie-cutter, chain food world present today. The Pub has character beyond anything you can imagine. I pray that the owners maintain it just as it is.
The menu is large and comforting. The Pub does not cater to the ridiculous food snobbery that is so common today. The food was delicious. I had a Filet Mignon and it was simply that - a great steak. No need for some unknown embellishment that appeals to the food elitists who secretly have no idea what they are eating but pretend to for fear of not meeting the current metro social standards.
So - if you enjoy great food served by a friendly staff in a comfortable, character-rich environment - get your butt to The Pub.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Yesterday (Saturday, June 23), my family and I came here to celebrate my uncle's 85th birthday,and the food and the service were just fantastic! The staff there were very kind, professional, and catered to our every need. They even helped my uncle, a Catholic bishop, set up the back room where we ate at, for him to say Mass there. I may want to eat there again. Keep up the good work there!