“Inside versus outside”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Been twice now and both were great. Friendly service who are comfortable with the large bevy of daily specials. I've gone with specials both time. The ravioli with tenderloin was absolutely amazing. The short run ragout was very good as well. Cozy atmosphere inside, though you wouldn't know it from the strip mall outside appearance.

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed a great meal at this little independent in a strip center next to a bowling alley and Chinese takeout. The interior is very nice.

We were seated in the tiny bar area. The waitstaff was genial and knowledgeable. Mozzarella and tomato were very good. Veal Marsala was one of the best ever, with thin tender veal and a fantastic sauce. Shrimp fradiavilo featured a nice spicy homemade tomato sauce, huge fresh perfectly cooked shrimp, and perfect al sentence linguini.

A great meal.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

While the food is good, the service and attitude of the manager is very unprofessional.
After waiting 45 minutes for dinner in an unheated dining room, we informed the manager we needed to leave (she knew we were time sensitive when we made the reservation). She told us she did too! Also, they charged for soda refills without notice.
Our experience was unpleasant and disappointing.

1  Thank aylgo
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

I am in Piscataway four times a year for a Mah Jongg tournament at a nearby hotel, and always look forward to dinner here with my friends.
This time, not so much. Service was inattentive, manager was rude and not accommodating, and the restaurant was freezing.
It took an unusually long time to get our dinner, and while mine was very tasty, my friend wasn't thrilled with her veal entree.
The restaurant was woefully understaffed, and the service reflected that. This was surprising because the restaurant takes reservations and they knew how many diners they were going to have during the 6-7:30 hours.
My friends and I won't be back.

1  Thank Vshifrin
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

I hope it was just a rough night. Service was sketchy at best. Seemed to be understaffed. Everyone was professional and polite but waiting ten minutes for a drink order to be filled in such a small place is just unacceptable. My husband ordered a special with homemade pasta and steak tips. Meh. Soup special was flavorless. Veal al dente arrived lukewarm. Heat was not working and nearly every guest dined with his/her coat on. This was our anniversary celebration and we were left disappointed. Sadly we will not be back.