“After one year, everything is pretty good, if not better.”

Ichiban Sushi Plainsboro
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Plainsboro
Description: Ichiban Sushi in Plainsboro brings together the very best in Japanese cuisine by offering authentic, time-tested sushi rolls that are prepared using the highest quality ingredients. Come and discover the personalized experience of having your choice of fresh sushi, succulent seafood, tender chicken, juicy steak, or garden-fresh vegetables cooked to delicious perfection in a tranquil environment that will satisfy both your senses and your appetite.
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Last time we have visited Ichiban was one year ago, in August 2016. Now, one year later, the place is still going strong, and we had a pretty good dining experience, if not better.
The service got even more attentive and efficient. The food choices are very good, for both sushi, sashimi, rolls, and more conventional appetizers. The prices are the lowest for 'All-You-Can-Eat-Sushi', $20 pp on weekdays; you can't beat that. The sushi and rolls were nicely served and very decently prepared; all the sushi, sashimi, maki, regular and special rolls tasted delicious and fresh.
Definitely recommended.

Management response:Responded 15 August 2017

It's great that you found our service to be better than last time! The rest of the team will be happy to hear how much you enjoyed the sushi and rolls. Thanks for the recommendation -- we'll see you next time!

Until then,

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Neat and clean restaurant, not too fancy. I love the idea of the sushi eat all you can. A lot of variety. They prepare it as you order so you get to eat it fresh. Nice staff. Very relaxing. Parking is easy. I recommend this place.

1  Thank Deyb T
Reviewed 6 June 2017

You can either eat off the regular menu or the all-you-can-eat. I recommend the all-you-can-eat, as you can try a variety of items and get everything from apps, salads/soups, tempura, sushi/sashimi and dessert. It's a fairly large restaurant, so there's never a wait. The sushi is excellent!
Also, lots of vegetarian/vegan options.

Management response:Responded 8 June 2017

I'm so glad you enjoyed the sushi, John! The all-you-can-eat special is a great choice when you want a little bit of everything. Looking forward to your next visit.

Best,

Reviewed 8 February 2017

I requested a delivery but the website and the food arrived on time and with an excellent tasty... however, i had troubles with the payment, it was debited 3 times in my checking account. I sent 2 emails to the restaurant and they never returned me. I could solve with my bank, but i hope more for consideration from the owner or manager.

Management response:Responded 10 February 2017

I'm so sorry to hear you had issues with the payment, Elaine! I know that must have been frustrating, and I apologize for the inconvenience. Email isn't really the best way to reach us, but I'll keep in mind that we need to check it more often. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, and I hope we'll have another chance to truly impress someday.

TAke care,

Reviewed 30 January 2017

Based on Tripadvisor reviews and an advertising campaign for this newly opened restaurant, we decided to try it. We were not disappointed. We arrived around 6:30 pm on a Sunday evening - a little worried that there might not be space for us, but it was relatively empty. We had just driven back from Newark and normally we would have headed to Masa Sushi in Lawrenceville, but we were a little later than usual and it is often hard to get a table at that time. Ichiban Sushi compares very favourably with Masa Sushi (dinner is around an insignificant $2 less). Both have made-to-order sushi and sashimi. Ichiban has a larger room with more tables than Masa, the latter's space is nicely divided and has greater ambience in our view. The former has 3 small private rooms, Foodwise, there was not a lot to distinguish them. The soft-shell crab roll (that I used to enjoy at Masa but has lately seemed to less crab in it) was better at Ichiban, but Masa has a ceviche dish - presumably off bits of fish left over from preparing sushi and sashimi) that are steeped in lemon juice that we always enjoy. My recommendation would be to go to the closest one. Both are good, both are BYOB.

Management response:Responded 2 February 2017

I'm thrilled you decided to give us a try! Thank you for letting me know what parts of our menu and ambiance you enjoyed and what parts could still use a little work. Great choice with soft-shell crab roll -- that's one of my favorites. I hope you can join us for more sometime soon!

Until then,