All reviewsprivate beachbay viewroom was cleanatlantic cityfront deskfree breakfastsausageyogurtshort driveac boardwalkking roomcasino hotelsair conditionerstormpillowsweekends
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Staff were very nice and helpful. However, the property is in need of a major upgrade. We had been on the road for a couple of weeks and needed to do laundry. We had originally booked the Quality Inn Flamingo in Atlantic City, but we found out they did not have laundry facilities so Choice allowed us to change our reservation to this hotel. The day we arrived it was pouring rain so it was a great day to wash. The front desk allowed us to check in about an hour early which was nice. We went to our room (303) and unpacked all of our bags. While my wife was downstairs washing our clothes I was on the computer in the room and thought the dripping sound was the air conditioner. Upon examination I found that the window had a major leak. This was not a new problem. The plaster and sheetrock above the window was torn and falling down. I could not believe they had not repaired it before it got in this condition. The front desk was very nice about offering us another room, but since we had all of our stuff unpacked we declined. This is a old facility and needs major work in all the public areas. The location is great on the bay, and the rear area facing the beach is very nice with picnic tables and shaded areas and access to the beach. However, the physical plant is not very nice. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
gmnj230, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear John J
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time taken to prepare your review. We are focusing on the the issues you have described. I am sorry that you are not able to recommend but hope to change your mind in the near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This hotel needs an upgrade - the hallways are shabby, the elevators are extremely slow, and the staff is generally unpleasant (except the young woman who checked me in, the people I dealt with were surly and unfriendly.) The rooms are okay, although the bathroom didn't seem very clean and it was extremely dark (perhaps that contributed to the feeling of not being clean?) The air conditioner was extremely loud.

I had a bay view but couldn't see it because the window was so dirty and pock-marked.

With all that said, it's a quick and easy drive into Atlantic City and the price is right. The driveway is a bit hidden, but the sign is very visible. Turning left out of the driveway can be tricky, so I quickly figured out to turn right and then turn around.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
gmnj230, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear nhprncss,
We appreciate your candid review and I would like to assure you that we take feedback seriously. Generally, our staff, like the individual at check in, is regarded as friendly and helpful so I apologize if your experience was different.Your feedback will serve as a reminder to all departments that courtesy and guest service is paramount for all guests.
While convenient location and price is an advantage, we hope to be regarded as the best lodging option in the area.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Our room was pretty nice, I liked how the living room area was divided from the bedroom. Everything was clean and having two bathrooms was nice. This is a very simple hotel, the elevators seem slow. But the major selling point of this place is the private beach. From our window we had a nice view of it.It's peaceful and when we went out on it, there aren't very many people there. Had a nice and quiet sleep.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandivia

Dear Sandivia,
Thank you for your thoughtful review. We appreciate your business and hope that you will consider us on your next visit to the Atlantic City area.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

It isn't like what the pics are. But it's okay. They need to upgrade ASAP. Elevators are slow. Breakfast suck. My sheets were nasty. Not the best area but it's okay for a few days. Maybe when it's renovated I'll go back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

There may be some rooms that are better than the other.

Room 214 was okay, except the AC/Heater was louder than I've ever seen. I mean, it sounded like we were on a ferry. Like a car engine on idle. Like a landing airplane. It was just loud. If I could post a video of it, I would. But Tripadvisor only allows photos, for now.

Anyways, there were also times when I passed by the lobby and the front desk didn't have any attendant. This raised security concerns for me.

The three stars rating is for the view of Lakes Bay and the two gazebos. It was a pretty calming sight. Except there was a storm during our stay and couldn't enjoy it to the fullest. It would probably have looked nice with the sun in the background. I can't say the same for the rooms facing 322.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear M B
Thank you for your feedback. I hope that your overall stay was comfortable except for the obvious complaint of the air conditioner. Although this has subsequently been addressed, we would have tried to correct the issue during your stay.As to the front desk, there is an attendant 24 hours on duty although they may be in our back office at times, there is video surveillance and security is assured at all times.