“Busy place, good local Italian”

MonAlyssa Italian Restaurant & Pizzera
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Place is always packed so I have always done take out. A bit of a long wait since they are always busy. Take out orders usually take 45 minutes. I love the Bolognese, my son likes the linguini and white clams. Definitely make a reservation as this place gets busy early.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

Went with friends for dinner thurs 2-2-17 the food was a disappointment, The appetizer was small but was told it could feed 4 people,the mussels on the platter were so small they were the size of stones,the shrimp fra deavlo sauce good,shrimp fishy,the gentlemen had chicken Marcela,chicken was very tough, portions small,tasteless,never again

Reviewed 2 February 2017

We have frequently gone here for dinner when wanting good Italian food locally in a quiet atmosphere. We have always found the food to be ample, delicious and very well prepared. Early in the week you will find no wait but we often call for a reservation just to be sure. Food is cooked to order so it does take a while longer at time especially on a Friday night. Their specials are often very interesting. Soups are homemade and are delicious. It is a BYOB. Parking is directly in front or around the side of the building and is usually not a problem.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

MonAlyssa is a very nice BYOB neighborhood Italian restaurant/pizzeria. We visited on a quiet Wednesday night. No wait. We were greeted and seated right away. Our server, Grace, was very attentive throughout the meal without hovering. She knew all about the menu and how the dishes were prepared. The offerings were traditional Italian fare "with a twist". The chef showed a lot of creativity in the recipes and the presentation was very nice. The meal started off with nice warm Italian bread with a side of olive oil for dipping. Our caprese salad was super fresh with just the right amount of balsamic vinegar and roasted peppers on top of the excellent mozzarella. All of the dishes we ordered were prepared to our liking and my Chicken alla MonAlyssa was exceptionally tender. My wife enjoyed her Bolognese (her favorite), too. The cappuccino to end the meal was extraordinary with 3 distinct layers and a nice stick of sugar on the side. The cannoli, too, was delicious and generous in size. We would definitely recommend this restaurant and will return in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

If you love Calamari and Eggplant the way I do, you may want to skip this restaurant. So many people eat there I figured it's got to be good. Not so! I could tell by looking at the Calamari that it came out of a frozen foods bag. Undeterred I dug in. In fact I finished it despite its low quality. Big mistake. My punishment came at 3:00 am -an unwelcome emergent trip to the bathroom.
The eggplant wasn't sickening but it was in no way distinguished. Mediocre at best. Whole experience was a grand disappointment.