“Birthday Dinner for 8 adults”
Review of Daniel's Bistro

Daniel's Bistro
Price range: US$25 - US$39
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are finally back after Sandy and in our Original smaller location at 115 Broadway! Still serving only the finest dinners using the freshest ingredients!
Reviewed 29 August 2017

My sister recommended this restaurant. They took a reservation for 6 guests for a Saturday night in August a week before when other restaurants turned me down.Increased the reservation to 10 a few days before - still no problem. I felt bad for the couple stuck in the corner behind us. Our waitress was extremely knowledgeable and very friendly. She and her team forgot nothing. Our appetizers came in a timely manner followed closely by entrees. The table got quiet during dinner - a sure sign that the food is so good that the talking stops. My only (minor) complaints are (1) I ordered the lobster appetizer which comes on a bed of crushed ice. The ice melted as I ate the little legs from the body soaking the claw and tail meat. For dinner I ordered the crab cakes as an appetizer - 4 small (about the size of a silver dollar) each on a bed of garlic spinach with risotto in the center. The crab cakes were delish. The risotto was cold. The table ordered a variety of food and there were very few comments other than mine (my son in law thought the mussels appetizer <special> had a little too much tarragon for his taste...... For dessert we ordered creme brulee which was delish - they even put a candle in mine as everyone say happy birthday. My sister wanted to order a cake but only called the day before and was told that was too late. Then she wanted to bring a cake and was told there was a $4 per person plating fee which would include ice cream. I would have asked for a compromise on the fee since they couldn't provide a cake but my sister didn't think to ask this. A great time was had by all. It's a BYOB. With the tip for 8 adults the bill was $630.00 Would consider going back there again after Labor Day.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

My wife and I have driven by Daniel's dozens and dozens of times over the years. It didn't look like much from the outside. Don't let that fool you like it did me. The inside is friendly and inviting just like the people. Most importantly, the food was phenomenal!!! It was hands down the best meal we had all week. I will definitely be going back next summer when we take our vacation. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Have been to both locations, both are great. Service is very professional, food is creative and delicious. Small touches like complimentary soup, bruschetta, cookies make this place unique, especially at the shore where everything is mostly casual.

1  Thank pdm492
dbg99, Owner at Daniel's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

So very happy you enjoy dining with us! We do strive to make every experience a memorable one! Look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Daniel never disappoints with creative specials and a terrific menu.Being what my wife refers to me as a "food snob" I am always impressed with the level that he cooks at. It is not easy finding food or service this good at the Jersey shore. We usually get Rachel for our waitress and she really knows the menu and the ingredients. This is a great restaurant to have date night at or enjoy conversation and dinner with friends.

1  Thank Dave B

Aww, thanks Dave! We love Rachel too! We make a point of having all of our servers know our food and menu, so happy you noticed! Can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We've been going to Daniel's since they opened. Tonight, we were there for our anniversary. No matter when we have dined here, it is always excellent! From the moment we walk in, until we finish up with their amazing chocolate raspberry brownies (gratis!) it is an truly a wonderful experience.

Tonight, I had the crab cake app, followed by the most delicious veal chop cooked to order. Mr jtwiz had the escargot (which he raved about) and a halibut special. We felt every aspect of our dinner from service to taste was amazing.

As residents of town, Daniel's is the best around!! Thanks Karen and Daniel.

1  Thank jtwiz
dbg99, Owner at Daniel's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

We are so happy you spent you Anniversary with us! It is always our pleasure to see local friends.