“Local Pub”

Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Five of us had dinner at 6:30 on a Thursday night. The place was packed but we were seated without much delay. We were greeted by our server promptly. I had the Thatcher Irish Red Ale with fish and chips. The Cod was super hot and perfectly crispy. The guys had Reuben's, Irish stew, and a sampler platter. Everyone was very pleased with their meals. Portions are large and flavorful. We'll be going back next week!

Jason R, Manager at Thatcher McGhee's, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Thank You for the review! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your drinks, food, and the service. See you soon!!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Fantastic food and nice people! The Corned Beef and Cabbage is the best I've had, and if we're in the mood for something else, the Corned Beef and Cabbage Egg Rolls are fantastic. Excellent Fish & Chips, Burgers, Salmon, and Shepherds Pie. The Bosc Pear or the Goat Cheese Salads are great choices. It's just down the street, and I've been there many times... and plan to keep going back!

Jason R, Manager at Thatcher McGhee's, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Thank You for the review! We are so glad to hear you enjoy our food! See you soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

If you are traveling along the interstate highway, it's s little out of the way, but it's worth the effort. The take two menu for lunch is a great idea for an Irish pub, and it had a good variety on offer. It had a grood atmosphere. Take the tone to visit.

Thank You for the review!

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I have been going to thatchers for a long time, but back in the day it was for a night out to drink! We had dinner last night, great wings and my husbands corned beef was great. I just wish they had some lighter fare on the dinner menu, typical Irish food can be heavy, maybe add a spring/summer menu?

Thank you for the review and the suggestion!

Reviewed 27 April 2017

We frequent Thatcher's, however; it's been declining rapidly... I was in on Monday evening with my husband and ordered the Prime Rib. It came out on my plate as a plate of FAT! Now I like Prime Rib and know it has some fat but this was all fat. I complained to the waitress and was told - "that's how it's been, I think it's the way they are cutting it, everyone is complaining" really?!?! That is all that is said - terrible! Needless to say, we won't be going back ever again. This isn't the first time we've had an issue and they aren't receptive to their problems. It's really sad - it used to be delicious.

Jason R, Manager at Thatcher McGhee's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

We are sorry to hear this happened during your visit. Please ask for a manager when you enter next time so we can talk to you about this issue in person.