“Good Pizza”

Kinchley's Tavern
Ranked #5 of 88 Restaurants in Ramsey
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kinchley's Tavern located in Ramsey NJ offers Italian food & pizza in a casual, family setting. Come see why we were voted "Best Pizza in the Tri-State"
Reviewed 6 April 2018

A local bar and restaurant offers a good food menu. The restaurant is very small and they do not accept credit cards. Due to its popularity, it gets crowded and you could experience a wait.

Amira H, Owner at Kinchley's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thanks for the stars! It's awesome our drinks and great food make us more than worth the wait. Hope you'll be back in to see us again soon!

Best,

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

First let me say that my family and I have eaten here many times. We loved the place so much that we eagerly brought friends and family here from out of state. But today everything was just off. Starting with the crew of rude waitresses who ignored my family for at least 15 minutes while at least four waitresses were less than four feet away who would not look our way. We overheard their conversation how the chef left due to an argument with the owner. If true, it reflected on the quality of the food from the texture of the dough/bread to the flavor of the food. We were so disappointed. We are unsure if we will ever return here.

Amira H, Owner at Kinchley's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

We're so disappointed we let you down on your last visit. It sounds like our team was having an off day when you stopped by, and we truly apologize for that. We expect our guests to receive friendly, attentive care and a delicious Italian dish, and we're sorry that wasn't the case when you last visited. We're confident we can provide you with the dining experience you know us to have, and we hope you give us another shot soon!

Reviewed 28 January 2018

The pizza is OK . . . Speaking with many people about this place I expect WAY WAY better pizza than what was produced . . . . . . it was just ok, should it be a placed PACKED (with a waiting list) at 10pm on a Friday night ABSOLUTLEY NOT but somehow it was . . . . service was "ok" AT BEST . . . . . Would I go back "maybe", would I rush back or can't wait to go back . . . .NO WAY . . . . The crust killed it for me but hey I am only one person.

Amira H, Owner at Kinchley's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

It seems that our pizza just wasn't your style, which we understand. We're known for thin crust pizza, so that might have came as a surprise when you ordered from us. Maybe you'd like something different like our pasta, so we'd love to invite you back and see what you think of it.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

We have been going to Kinchley's for years. It's not fancy. It's busy as hell (the place is a gold mine). However, it's consistent and hits the spot. Their pizza has a really thin crust - different from most places in our area. It's my husband's favorite pizza spot in our neck of the woods. Their other dishes are fairly standard, but they hit the spot if you are looking for reliable Italian food. (Even the salads are big, fresh and great!)

I definitely recommend giving Kinchley's a try. Be prepared for a wait, especially on a weekend night. When I say this place is a busy gold mine, I'm not kidding you!

Amira H, Owner at Kinchley's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Now this is a review we'll treasure! Thrilled we can be your go-to spot for pizza in the area, Rebecca -- we truly appreciate you and your husband's support all these years.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I have tried their pizza and other dishes back a while and was not a happy camper.

The pizza was small and the crust of the pizza was like cardboard. Not my average pizza. Plus when they are busy you wait forever to get served. I was there last St Patrick's Day to meet a good friend for lunch. most of the other restaurants in the area were pack. I figured that this place would not be packed. But is was an they did not have sufficient staff to handle the extra business.

We're a bit disappointed you didn't enjoy our pizza, William. We're known for thin crust pizza, so it seems that just isn't your style. We appreciate you stopping by during St. Patrick's Day -- if you decide to come back, we hope you'll have better luck next time!

The Kinchley's Kares Team

Been to Kinchley's Tavern? Share your experiences!