“Love the food”

Majestic Diner
Ranked #30 of 87 Restaurants in Ramsey
Cuisines: Diner, Contemporary
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Ate here twice for breakfast in past month, both times the food was good. I tried their Greek Egg special and once had the traditional eggs/bacon breakfast. The food is prepared to order so be prepared to wait a little bit for your plate. In both cases the service although good seemed a little slow and too laid back for me. Nothing to be critical of but the timing of the service could be improved slightly.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

We have been here quite a few times. Unlike most diners, the Majestic Diner has a focused menu but with a relatively wide selections of breakfast, lunch and dinner options. It isn't difficulty to find healthier options or request a minor modification to a dish to make is less unhealthy. They are unique in the types and varieties of desserts and homemade pastries: some are decent but the paleo ice cream, although an interesting experiment, didn't satisfy us. However, the prices are on par with casual sit-down chain restaurants. We'd return.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I was disappointed with the decor--it seemed old to me. Service wasn't the best--I felt like I had to wait a long time for someone to check on how my meal was because I was hoping to order something more to drink. I asked someone else for help with that. The food was good though.

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was a surprise gem. We stopped because it was late and we figured a diner was safe. 3 of 4 of us had sandwiches that were excellent on really good bread. I especially enjoyed the banh mi sandwich which was the last thing I expected at a Jersey diner. We capped off the meal with tasty house made versions of Hostess cupcakes and pop tarts.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

I have had 2 great experiences with the Majestic Diner, once for breakfast and once for lunch. The first time I met 5 friends there. They had set up two tables for us; they have rectangular tables with leaves on the side that can make them round. After we all got settled, we only needed one table so the waitress removed the second one, put up the round sides/leaves, and we had a wonderful arrangement. Food was terrific (we ordered an assortment of things from unreal oatmeal with lots of toppings, strawberry pancakes, and omelettes.) We had a great time. I went back on my own another day as I needed to both get out of the house and eat, and had a wonderful meal.