“Wonderful vegan food!”
Review of Good Karma Cafe

Good Karma Cafe
Ranked #6 of 148 Restaurants in Red Bank
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We had dinner with friends at Good Karma Café prior to seeing a show at the nearby Count Basie Theatre. One of our foursome is vegan, another is allergy-challenged, and all four of us -- including two otherwise omnivorous men -- loved the food! I had a "buffalo chicken" wrap (made with tempeh) that was virtually indistinguishable from the real thing and absolutely delicious. The desserts were also great: We shared a piece of banana hempseed cake, and our friends shared a piece of chocolate ganache cake. Service was attentive, though it would have been nice if the water served with dinner were colder than room temperature (or served with ice).

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Loved this funky little place - we lucked into a table. Both had salads - one buffalo chicken (tempeh) and the other gado gado - both $12 and both incredibly delicious. I LOVED the cilantro peanut dressing on the gado gado salad. Something for everyone here unless you are looking for meat.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We just ate there for the first time. The food is fantastic and I am not Vegan. The Philly Cheese Steak was delicious. So were the veggie quesadilla and the buffalo wings. The only small negative is that the place is very small. We had to get our food to go.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

The Good Karma Cafe lives up to it's name. Stepping inside this cute little restaurant takes you to a different place. It's small, only 20 or so seats, but service is quick so it wasn't a long wait. The vegan menu is extensive: appys, sandwiches, salads and small entrees, all fresh and great combinations. Our lunches were both excellent. My husband had the seitan cheesesteak, made with greens, onions and a mustard sauce, My sandwich, the applewood smoked tempeh with apples and carmelized onions was the hands down favorite -- messy but worth it. My husband finished his meal long before me and longingly watched as I was almost done, so I gave him my last bite. We will definitely be back. If only Good Karma were closer.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Best vegetarian restaurant anywhere!

This restaurant has a very large menu and absolutely everything is delicious. It has a great atmosphere and good service.

The Buffalo sticks appetizer is amazing and the rock pizza is excellent.