“The Best Sushi Restaurant in the Cape May Area”

Tokyo Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Rio Grande
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2017

The fish is always fresh. They are very creative with their specials. There are tatami tables that seat 6 and regular tables. Nice quiet atmosphere.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

I went to dinner with my 2 friends, my fiancé, and my one year old son. When we walked in we were greeted with angry looking waitresses so already off to a bad start. When we sat down we put in our drink orders and started looking at the menu. Our waitress came up and asked us if we were ready to order and we asked for a few more minutes, she didn't look too happy to hear that and decided to come back less then a minute later. We all started ordering and my friend ordered sushi and the lady gave her the wrong thing so she was mad that they had to throw it away (it wasn't my friends fault she got the order wrong). By the end of the night we were just ready to get out of there so we got the bill. I must say $77 for 4 people to eat wasnt really all that bad. We were paying seperatly so we asked if we could have the bill split in 2 and we were told that it wasn't possible. I was a waitress for 5 years and I've never told anyone that it was not possible I know its a pain in the butt, but I would always do it with a smile. We ended up not tipping because it wasnt worth it. My friend wrote them a note saying how horrible we were treated and that we didn't do anything to deserve the way we were treated. The food was decent not over priced but I know that we will never be going back. I honestly wish I could give them zero stars.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Din here on Saturday afternoon and there are lunch special. Good price. Consider the distance to camping ground, and on way to ocean.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

Good Service and fresh sushi, the waitress was courteous, but the pics on the menu were not indicative of what you got.

Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with three friends for dinner on a Saturday evening. When offered a booth or table we said booth, and were delighted to find that we could take our shoes off for the meal! If you're not into this the tables do not have to take their shoes off.

In our group we had two vegetarians and me, a big carnivore and huge picky eater. There were plenty of options for all of us and they were all delicious! They have a handful of affordable meals under fifteen dollars that come with soup, salad, and rice. Everything else is also reasonably priced but we were impressed that those options offered so much food, and we all left with leftovers. Additionally, the background music paired with the shoes off left us with a great dining experience. I would go here again.