“Good sushi at good price”

Tokyo Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 36 Restaurants in Rio Grande
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Good quality at good price , we spent 70$ for 5 rolls, 1 teriyaki and 1 ice cream. Fish is fresh and service is very good . Recommended

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I went there 2 times during my stay in Rio Grande and it was for take out each time.
Every time it was simply excellent, the sushi was fresh, the restaurant smell great.
Simply love it...

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We come here multiple times a year; regardless of whether it is 'during high season' on in the off-season, the people are kind, attentive and accomodating. Their dishes are hearty (sushi and full dinner/lunch dishes) and the prices are great. It's clean. They recently updated their chairs - very comfortable. It's a BYOB, which is also fantastic.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

The fish is always fresh. They are very creative with their specials. There are tatami tables that seat 6 and regular tables. Nice quiet atmosphere.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

I went to dinner with my 2 friends, my fiancé, and my one year old son. When we walked in we were greeted with angry looking waitresses so already off to a bad start. When we sat down we put in our drink orders and started looking at the menu. Our waitress came up and asked us if we were ready to order and we asked for a few more minutes, she didn't look too happy to hear that and decided to come back less then a minute later. We all started ordering and my friend ordered sushi and the lady gave her the wrong thing so she was mad that they had to throw it away (it wasn't my friends fault she got the order wrong). By the end of the night we were just ready to get out of there so we got the bill. I must say $77 for 4 people to eat wasnt really all that bad. We were paying seperatly so we asked if we could have the bill split in 2 and we were told that it wasn't possible. I was a waitress for 5 years and I've never told anyone that it was not possible I know its a pain in the butt, but I would always do it with a smile. We ended up not tipping because it wasnt worth it. My friend wrote them a note saying how horrible we were treated and that we didn't do anything to deserve the way we were treated. The food was decent not over priced but I know that we will never be going back. I honestly wish I could give them zero stars.