“World Famous Sawmill Pizza”
Review of Sawmill

Sawmill
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Seaside Park
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Jumbo Sawmill Pizza We started out with the best on the boardwalk, then we made the biggest! The 27" Jumbo Sawmill Pizza isn't just pizza - it's a Jersey Shore tradition. Ocean Views Enjoy an unobstructed view of the beautiful Seaside Park Beach and Atlantic Ocean, while the iconic boardwalk awaits rebuilding. More Than Just Pizza The Sawmill's menu offers boardwalk classics as well as a raw bar, sandwiches, burgers, salads, full plates, pasta dishes, and more.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We took a leisurely ride down the shore. Spur of the moment decided to get a few slices of pizza to go. The giant tasty slices remind me of long ago summer days. Still the one!

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (286)

Reviewed 21 October 2020 via mobile

Sawmill still serves a huge slice of pizza or a very large pie. Very good. Ordered the garlic knots as they came out of the oven.. omg.. never had them here before, they were large, extremely tender and light, and so very good! The marinara sauce is excellent, a fresh tomato taste. I prefer my pizza right out of the oven to table, but with 2020 this year, had to bring home and heat up, just not quite the same, but still good! Will return.

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank ChantillyLace28
Reviewed 23 September 2020

Giant pizza slices are amazing. Very tasty. The cheesesteak and burgers were great. Love their fries. A small is large and a large is huge. Service was a little messed up. Ordered at the counter and food came out little by little. I ate my pizza slice waiting on my wife's cheeseburger and fries. One of the other guys had to argue to get his fries. They don't give you a recipe with what you ordered on it. Got drinks at their beach bar and sat outside. The Pina colada was banging. Every time we are on the boardwalk we stop at the Sawmill.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 20 July 2020

Was really disappointed in the management this afternoon at The Sawmill. My family and I have been patrons of the restaurant for over ten years and are local to the Seaside area. We come every weekend for lunch in the summer and today we are cutting those ties and will be in search of a new lunch time spot. This afternoon my family and I went to enjoy lunch out under the new big white tent in the sandy area across from the restaurant and a hostess politely sat us down at a table on the edge because we wanted to be partially in the sun. It was around 12pm so the only 2 out of the 9 tables were occupied and we weren't having any issues until a manager came up to out table and told us that the table was set for 6 and that we 'couldn't sit' there in the case that a larger party would come in. Please also keep in mind he wasn't wearing mask when he came up to our table which made all of us extremely uncomfortable and bothered as none of us want to get sick or spread germs. Then, rather than asking us to politely get up he started moving the chairs, grabbing the menus and told us that we 'needed to move and if we wanted to sit in the sun we should have just gone to the beach'. Last time I checked - I was at the beach and was coming to grab lunch at a restaurant on the beach where I could sit in the sand. Before we could even get up he started moving our chairs in a hurry and pointed at a table with no seats and said obnoxiously "you can go and sit over there if you want to". Who does that in the service industry? Who acts like that at a manager level? Who treats their customers with attitude? We are super easy going people and didn't understand why it was such a big deal for us to move since the place was empty and a waiter sat us there, we didn't chose it. But being the kind patrons we are, we got up and moved to a table more under the tent and then watched one the course of our quick drinks and meal, all of the 6 top tables be filled with parties of 2. This really drove us crazy as the original table we sat at was never cleaned or sprayed down for germs but new people were sitting there and what were they going to do if an actual group of 6 came now? Tell the groups of 2 to all sit together? Again, it just showed us that the manager didn't care to follow recommended health codes or partake in the keeping the customers safe from potentially getting sick.

Well, I worked in waitstaff for many years and always tried to be better at my job from the feedback my patrons left me. Sawmill, you lost me today and to the manager, Ron, learn how to work in the service industry or take a note from your wonderful waitstaff who have never given my family and I an issue. Do better, be better and be kinder to people. AND WEAR A DAMN MASK.

Date of visit: July 2020
1  Thank brittanyerr
Reviewed 26 June 2020

This place is known for huge slices of pizza. However, the white pie with broccoli and the margharita pie were dry with minimal toppings. I believe that each specialty slice was $6.50. The mussels appetizer was tasty but very small mussels. The waitress was attentive and very nice. This place was better in the past. We had to wait 40 minutes for a table on a Wednesday night before the 4th of July holiday!

Date of visit: June 2020