“Decent budget hotel”

Reviewed 18 October 2017

First, the cons:
* Bathtub needs grip bar - extremely slippery
* Refrigerator in room 401 needs work - doesn't open properly
* EXTREMELY hard to get to - right on route 3, but GPS can't get you there - be sure to get good info from hotel website on how to get into parking lot - park the car and don't move it again till ready to leave!
* noisy, but AC will cover street noise
Now the pros:
* Recently remodeled - very nice bathroom
* Clean
* Very inexpensive
* Tiny lobby with attendant 24 hours a day
* 2 blocks from stop for bus 190 direct to Port Authority, NYC
* (very basic) free continental breakfast
We would consider staying there again, it was convenient to NYC, clean, comfortable.

Room Tip: Room on the side away from highway would be quieter
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 October 2017

My mate and myself needed to book a hotel for a trip to NY recently, for a Black Sabbath convention, amongst other events. Travelling from the UK, we needed to find a hotel that suited our budget. The Rodeway Inn, located in Secaucus, NJ is a great booking, for those on a budget. Add to which it's location is simply stunning! Secaucus is a very clean, peaceful area, with a bus service (Bus 190) that is just a 3min walk from the hotel, that can take you directly to NY Bus Terminal, for just $3.50! Add to which there is a mall right next to the bus stop, which has all the things you may need during your stay. The rooms in the Rodeway inn, were clean and recently renovated,
as well as being spacious, with a very nice bathroom, and Large flatscreen tv.
The hotel's staff were friendly, but unobtrusive, check in/out was easy, and the staff even kindly allowed us the use of their printer/pc to print out cinema tickets, as well as letting us store our baggage the day of our departure, until we were leaving.
Overall a great hotel, with no issues at all, would happily stay there again, which I hope to do on a future visit to NY.

Room Tip: Rooms to back of the hotel possibly be preferred, front of hotel facing busy road. Our friend stayed...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Ankit G, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear Guest;

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Ankit Gandhi
Rodeway Inn Meadowlands

Reviewed 21 September 2017

It was hot and humid, and the air-conditioner was not working. I complained to the front desk manager and he said that he cant do anything. I asked if the the room can be changed, the response was negative. I asked if he could look into fixing the AC, he said it is too late. I asked then why am I paying the full price if the advertised facility is not functioning, He kept quiet. Horrible experience.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Erfaan P
Reviewed 23 February 2017

I must say I was kind of hesitate at first but once I arrived I was pleased. the lobby is small but that is minor. I traveled all the way from Cincinnati with my family. the room was big and very NEAT AND CLEAN. the bathroom was very nice I fell in love with the mirror. the staff is EXTREMLY nice. we stayed there in November 2016. it is close to the bus line, restaurant, etc. I really enjoyed my stayed here. I am already booked for July 2017. thanks I really appreciated the hospitality. also the breakfast area was small but it was well worth it. very clean and cozy . see you soon

Room Tip: the rooms are huge and quiet
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Nikita g, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your ratings and comments. Wish to see you again very soon....

Nikita Gandhi
General Manager,
Rodeway Inn Meadowlands,

Reviewed 23 January 2017

Great place to stay before a weekend in NYC. Rooms are clean and freshly remodeled. Hotel is about a 20 minute drive to Times Square. Save yourself $150. No worries. The only complaint was not enough pillows, but I was too lazy to call the front desk…

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Nikita Gandhi
General Manager,
Rodeway Inn Meadowlands,
201-348-8300

Also consider these accommodations in or near Secaucus
Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
1.4 km away
Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands
1.5 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands

Been to Rodeway Inn Meadowlands? Share your experiences!