US$126
US$94
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands(Secaucus)(Great Value!)
US$132
  • Breakfast included
US$177
US$159
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$184/night.

Meadowlands River Inn(Secaucus)(Great Value!)
US$152
GardenInn.com
US$152
Travelocity
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$204/night.

US$269
US$175
Priceline
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

All reviewssecaucus junctionpenn stationan extended stay hotelpet feemorning and eveningfive nightsroad noisehome away from homerooms are comfortablethe hotel offersfree shuttlegood sizefront desk staffnice staythe hotel is cleangreat place to staydishwasher
Reviewed 4 August 2017

First and foremost is the staff. They are excellent. They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and welcome, if not in fact, part of the family especially Manny, Katie, and Mario. They run a free shuttle to and from the Secaucus NJT station mornings and evenings providing the most cost effective way to get into the city. However, be advised it only runs Mon-Fri. Parking is at a reduced rate at the station on the weekends ( if you work 7 days a week like me). The rooms are very clean and the housekeepers do an excellent job. I have watched them work and they don't skip anywhere. Management responds to any issue with the room quickly. What prevented them from getting a 5 th star (i would have given 4.5 if that was possible). There is only one thing that they can control: cleanliness of the common areas. Not quite up to snuff with the rest of the housekeeping, plus the hotel is a bit tired (my bed sagged) and could use some refurbishment. The hotel is populated with construction people who have no idea about hotel etiquette. (perhaps a handout with rules about slamming doors, keeping the laundry area clean for others, ...) I would not feel comfortable having my wife stay here by herself though there is a woman who has stayed by herself for 4 years there. The hotel cannot control who wants to stay there so i can't hold them at fault. Also you cannot get away from the road noise. This is in an industrial Jersey area. Its not the woods. get a room on the backside in the high numbers and on the top floor. Despite these few items I hearty recommend the property because of the staff and the housekeeping.

Room Tip: Top floor back side higher numbers for quieter room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve H
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

This was my first time staying at a Candlewood Suites so I wasn't sure what to expect. While the reviews weren't terrible, I realized that it is an extended stay hotel e.g. no frills. The room was decent although dated, especially the vinyl lounge chair. Ewww. The parking spaces were extremely tight. However, the best part about my on night stay was the evening front desk staff who checked me in and the morning and evening shuttle drivers. All were friendly and exceptional in their interactions with me. It made my stay great. Although I probably won't stay at another Candlewood (just not my type of hotel), I certainly recommend this property based on the staff and service I received. Thank you! great work!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a week for work. The staff was very kind and accommodating! The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The rooms were a bit small but were well equip with everything you would need. They had outside grills for cooking and free laundry service. Excellent hotel and staff

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We had a terrible experience.
Traveling with the family on a late flight they canceled the booking without notice and over booked the hotel. We found ourselves looking for another hotel at 1:00am. I would never recommend another Candelwood Suite in Secaucus again.
The reception was horrible.
No interest to help you out what so ever.

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank Daniel P
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Secaucus, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Hi Daniel P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is truly disheartening to hear about the issues you had with your reservation. This is not the true service we endeavor to deliver and for that we are truly sorry. Please allow me to follow up on your concerns and have the opportunity to regain your faith in us. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain additional information. I look forward to your response.

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

We had booked this hotel through Tickets at Work and realized when we arrived that it was more of a long-term stay hotel. We had planned to take the shuttle to catch the train to Penn Station only to discover that the shuttle only runs Mon.-Fri. I told the front desk clerk we wanted to go into the city on Sat. and her suggestion was Uber. When I said we'd like to cancel the third night because of the inconvenience, she referred me to the manager who would be there in the morning. I spoke to Manny, who said to have the third party vendor call for a refund. We were denied the refund for two rooms even though we checked out. TERRIBLE customer service and very misleading as far as "services." It's less expensive for a reason!!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Debby B
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Secaucus, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear Debby B,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback. Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with excellent service and comfortable accommodations, however, we regret to read that in this case, we have fallen short of your expectations. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Grace P.