“Tasty and inspired Asian food”
Review of Wild Ginger

Wild Ginger
Ranked #22 of 115 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Wild Ginger in Somerset was highly recommended by colleagues for unique Asian inspired dishes, including various style of Chinese and Thai. . It is very convenient to Somerset hotels. Fast and friendly service.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Liked the options in vegetarian food that this restaurant offers. The portions are good in size and tasty.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Moved out of the area three years ago but never could find decent Chinese food in Somerset or Middlesex Counties. This past weekend while visiting, we discovered Wild Ginger. Great Chinese and Thai food. As good, or nearly as good, as I tasted in Asia. Fantastic sauces and fresh ingredients not to mention large servings and very reasonable prices. We ate there Friday and returned on Monday with a group of friends. Everyone loved it. If I still lived in NJ, I'd eat at this restaurant at least three times a month.

1  Thank Neil G
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Asian Buffets have become less than desireable as of late, At least to me.

This location was picked by a Lady Friend who had been there before.
It is a small location in a strip mall.

The food selection was, in my opinion, sub par.
The fruit selection portion of the buffet was unappetizing to even look at. The selection looked "old" / wilted / soggy .
I did take a few shrimp to peal and eat. They were OK

The main Buffet did have a variety of asian cuisine. The food seemed " Flat".. not exciting. I give this selection a bit below average. As in most Asian Buffets, the food was not HOT. However, I did eat and had no ill effects from the meal.

Then onto the desert portion of the Buffet. There was No Ice Cream. There was a very limited selection of deserts. A couple of very small pieces of cake, a couple of cookies. I was not impressed.

Given the other eateries available within a short drive... I would not revisit this one.

Reviewed 1 December 2016

Thirty three of us came here for Dinner as part of a Wedding party. There are not too many Restaurants around that would accommodate such a large group with hugely varied tastes and appetites. Chinese food generally fits the bill, so we arrived with reservations for 8 PM.

We were greeted very warmly by the owner, who also made sure that the service was pleasant and efficient throughout the evening.

Obviously, we ordered several dishes – too many to list here, but every single one of them was fresh, tasty and well-made. We ordered Soups, and an assortment of vegetarian, seafood, beef and chicken dishes, and nobody had any complaint about any of them. That says a lot about the Chef. The portions were quite large, and all of us left the place full and satisfied with our meal.

The food was a little bland for my particular palate, but I was able to spice it up with their red hot chili sauce. Since it is a place very close to home, I would like to return with a few friends for their lunch buffet, which I heard is very nice.

I usually avoid writing reviews for nearby local places, but this one deserves a write-up, just for the wonderful service that was provided for our large group.

The vibe of this Restaurant is very casual, the lighting is modern and stylish with not too much other décor on the walls. The best aspect are the owners who are very warm and welcoming. We will certainly return.