“Avoid this hotel at all costs”

Econo Lodge Somerset
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed 10 August 2016

If I could give zero stars, I would.

1) When we pulled up we were the only car in the lot. It seemed very sketchy.
2) No business center. I asked if I could email a document that I needed printed and they would not do that for me.
3) No pool
4) The room had an extremely bad odor. I asked for room freshener and was offered a different room. The other room had the same bad odor.

Stay away...

You can tell from my other reviews that I seldom post bad reviews. Honestly, this is one of the worst hotels I have stayed at.

Room Tip: Stay away. Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
steven p, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Thank you for your review, we apologize for the inconvenience you had we will pass your comments onto the housekeeping department. However if you look at our hotel listing we do not advertise a pool or buisness center.

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Somerset

Reviewed 3 August 2016

The hotel was quiet, and clean. My 93 year old mother and I were traveling to visit her sister nearby, and this seemed like a viable alternative to where we usually stayed. The Eonolodge Somerset is off I 287, easy access off, but not easy to get back on. There are several restaurants nearby and a great pizza place as well as Dunkin Donuts. They also served a continental-style breakfast. The hotel is all on one floor, and at one time appears to have had a restaurant attached. It looks like there might be room for a meeting there. There was a lot of parking, and several trucks were parked in the driveway. I always take that as a good sign because truckers know stuff.
We had a double double, that is a two double beds. They were comfortable, the room was tidy, and well kept, and there were plenty of towels. The maids were attentive, and our room was cleaned daily. The TV had several channels but we were there during one of the convention weeks, so nothing else was on. There was a desk, one arm chair, and a small frig. Also an iron and ironing board in the closet.
Staff was friendly and helpful. They had thought through where they would put us so that my mother didn't have far to walk.

Room Tip: quieter rooms at the end of the corridor
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2016

We had an excellent room, in just the right location, with a comfortable king-size bed and furniture, warm hospitality, delicious continental breakfast choices and close proximity to Rutgers - The State University of New Jersey and some of my old time favorites, such as the Somerset Diner, Corner Tavern, and Gabriel's Fountain about ten miles way in Martinsville, New Jersey, where I grew up.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
steven p, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

Thank you for your positive response.Hope you continue to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

Flight was cancelled at newark so was upset drove to a friends house hoping to sleep overnight there but kids were sick so i declined and off i went. Driving back i saw Econo Lodge and have slept before at these establishments so pulled in. Friendly girl at counter made check in pleasant since i was not in good mood. Room was adequate tv was small 19." Hotel rate was too good to pass up. Bathroom was good wifi worked good. This place was quiet. Room windows face to parking lot but never heard anything. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank RICHARD C
steven p, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

Thank you for your positive review . I hope next time you visit us it's on better circumstances .

Reviewed 2 February 2016

We came to the annual fly fishing show is Somerset for the first time this year and instead of paying big bucks just for A room to sleep we decided on the Econo Lodge.
We were both very happy with the decision, it did what we wanted , A comfortable place to sleep. Nothing modern or fancy but was clean and comfortable. The only down side was I think since it is and older hotel the walls are on the thin side. Some of the other rooms cranked up the TV and we could hear what they had on. But the did turn it down at A reasonable hour. We also went to the Venue 1850 lounge in the hotel.
The food and drink were good and reasonably priced. Essence our bartender was top notch and fun to hang out with and the other patrons were all easy to get along with.
We will be back.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
steven p, Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2016

Thank you for your positive review .Hope to see you next year.