“better than average inexpensive lodging”

Econo Lodge Somerset
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed 14 September 2016

pluses: bathroom had been redone and had a hairdryer, had iron with full ironing board in room, refrigerator, comfortable bed, pleasant and professional staff, had a laundry room., great walking areas for pets.

minuses: rug, while clean, was moldy from water leak probably from air conditioner unit which also was very loud, only allows one pet, no restaurant but there is continental breakfast, no pool or exercise room, tv was old style and sat even with bed and because it was bolted on dresser could not turn to watch from chair, rugs and furniture need upgrade but that is true in most hotels in this price range.

i would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: pick a room you can see your car parked outside window.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
steven p, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

Thank you for your positive review .Hope to see you next year we will bring the rugs to the attention of the maintenance department.

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Somerset

Reviewed 29 August 2016

We were heading for Diggerland and stopped heremfor an overnight.Staff was good. Beds were comfortable. Not much for the breakfast but for the price of the room for this area, I thought it was very fair. With tax included we paid $87.99 with the aaa discount.
We had checked other motels in the area and this one was the cheapest. We found this motel very clean.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
steven p, Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Thank you for your positive review .Safe travels to diggerland enjoy.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

This again is a place that is screaming out for some money to be spent on it. I'm not sure if something died there but the hallway from the lobby to our room sure smelled like something dead. It stunk. It had an onsite bar and we felt like a beer but when we walked up to the bar we stood there, witnessed what it was like and kept on walking. Homeless people hanging around outside. Very poor quality.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glenn B
steven p, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Thank you for your response, due to the extreme heat our lobby a/c was not functioning properly, we are in the process of having it repaired. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

If I could give zero stars, I would.

1) When we pulled up we were the only car in the lot. It seemed very sketchy.
2) No business center. I asked if I could email a document that I needed printed and they would not do that for me.
3) No pool
4) The room had an extremely bad odor. I asked for room freshener and was offered a different room. The other room had the same bad odor.

Stay away...

You can tell from my other reviews that I seldom post bad reviews. Honestly, this is one of the worst hotels I have stayed at.

Room Tip: Stay away. Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
steven p, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Thank you for your review, we apologize for the inconvenience you had we will pass your comments onto the housekeeping department. However if you look at our hotel listing we do not advertise a pool or buisness center.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

The hotel was quiet, and clean. My 93 year old mother and I were traveling to visit her sister nearby, and this seemed like a viable alternative to where we usually stayed. The Eonolodge Somerset is off I 287, easy access off, but not easy to get back on. There are several restaurants nearby and a great pizza place as well as Dunkin Donuts. They also served a continental-style breakfast. The hotel is all on one floor, and at one time appears to have had a restaurant attached. It looks like there might be room for a meeting there. There was a lot of parking, and several trucks were parked in the driveway. I always take that as a good sign because truckers know stuff.
We had a double double, that is a two double beds. They were comfortable, the room was tidy, and well kept, and there were plenty of towels. The maids were attentive, and our room was cleaned daily. The TV had several channels but we were there during one of the convention weeks, so nothing else was on. There was a desk, one arm chair, and a small frig. Also an iron and ironing board in the closet.
Staff was friendly and helpful. They had thought through where they would put us so that my mother didn't have far to walk.

Room Tip: quieter rooms at the end of the corridor
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family