“Sushi lovers should try Shunju”
Review of Shunju

Shunju
Ranked #32 of 74 Restaurants in Summit
Reviewed 6 December 2016

I went with a friend on a recent Monday evening. There was only one other table at the time but another table of two sat down a few minutes after we arrived. The only hiccup of the evening was when our edamame order went to the table next to us, even though we had ordered first. But the waiter was very apologetic and ours was out within a couple of minutes.
We ordered a couple of special rolls -- the Rainbow Dragon and the Angel Fish -- and both were delicious. My friend ordered some sashimi, as well, and I had a yellowtail jalapeno roll -- also, all very good.
It's a bit pricey but the creativity of the food and more important, the taste makes it worth it. If you like sushi, you'll love this place. I would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 13 May 2016

VERY CLEAN restaurant, Skilled Sushi Chefs at the bar. Something for everybody on the menu. Creative original hot dishes as well as some old favorites. Wide variety of specialty rolls as well as traditional offerings. Lots of fresh fish choices in the Sushi case. It is a BYOB house. Just go and enjoy!

Reviewed 17 February 2016

When word spread that yet another Asian style restaurant was opening in our area, the initial reaction was "Here's another place serving frIed rice, spareribs, and wonton soup". Boy were we wrong. Shunju is doing a spectacular job at producing original and delicious food spanning the Asian and Indian world.
Take your time reading the expansive menu. It is chock full of goodies. Want to be surprised? Order what you may think of as mundane spring rolls. These crispy treats are done with tempura batter and filled with crunchy vegetables. Go on, try the pork neck. Wow! Delicious. There are so many wonderful dishes to choose from.
But for me the knockout dish is the Monsoon duck. It's their take on Peking duck but way better. Pricey at $30 but it's huge and will easily feed four.
The sushi and sashimi are all first rate and fresher than fresh. The crew handling the sushi bar are all experts.
We've been four times so far and are looking forward to our next culinary adventure. (P.S.: it's byob).
Go. Go now stop dawdling.

Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

We were 7 friends who went for lunch . When I arrived at 1 pm we were the only ones in the restaurant . I ordered the Sashimi lunch and received the sushi . It was fine . I did not complain since it was not a big deal for me ,but I was still surprised since they were not so busy that it would explain the mistake . My friends had a soup . They said it was ok , not bad but nothing exceptional either . We had some green tea . always fun to try something new .

Reviewed 8 February 2016

Just enjoyed another wonderful dinner at Shunju, creative and delightful food offerings. Tried the spicy tuna sushi, it was wonderful, one of the best I have ever had. The Duck Salad is amazing!
The ambiance is very comfortable and the staff is attentive and helpful. BYO restaurant. Can't wait for my next visit here!