“Great food!”

Ranked #4 of 273 Restaurants in Trenton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Like going back in time! Great Eastern European food! We love eating there. The pork schnitzel is delicious!!!

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Don't let the location fool you. This restaurant is a hidden gem that offers large portions of amazing authentic food. It satisfied the Hungarian/Polish side for my husband and my German side. Potato pancakes, check. Sauerbraten, check. Perogies, check. Stuffed cabbage, check. Spaetzel, spaetzel, spaetzel!! Definitely make reservations as space is limited but offers a cozy feeling, as if being welcomed into their Eastern European home. They allow plenty of time to enjoy your meal so you won't be rushed out the door.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

I recommend reservations as it can get crowded easily. Not a lot of tables here. After trying soo many Italian places this was a nice change. The 2 potato pancakes for an app were good, but quite heavy. The salad, with the fill dressing, is amazing. Onions, cantaloupe and olives give it a taste sensory overload. I ordered the taste of Europe. 2 pierogies, small but delicious. 2 stuffed cabbage also smallish but equal in taste to pierogies. Sausage was good portion and quite good. The pork schnitzel was,a bit tough but good portion as well. Plenty of saukrat and cabbage. Tge famikyv wanted crepes, but they only had enough for one dessert.Overall a great time. A must try from the usual

Reviewed 27 April 2017

We arrived at 8:00 P.M. I observed that some of the tables were not set. There was one young lady who was running her buns off trying to accommodate the people there. Being in the business, I knew what was wrong, call outs. The place seats around 15 tables, mostly deuces or two tops. We ordered drinks and got them in 1/2 hour. We ordered appetizers at 8:30 and got them at 9:00. Then ordered dinner at 9:00 and got it at 10:15! We wound up not eating our dinner there and wrapping it and taking it home. If I were the restaurant I would have called relatives, friends, anyone I knew to help for the evening. They should have had an emergency plan. We were very disappointed with the way the restaurant handled the whole situation. To bottom line our experience, the food was actually very good, no doubt. The young lady who tried her best was wonderful. The backup plan stunk!!!! I would be apprehensive to go back. Very frustrating experience. Good luck.

2  Thank JohnnyPolcat
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Have been to the Blue Danube many times and have never left disappointed and always with a full tummy. My last visit was for my birthday and it was my choice of where to go, always the Blue Danube. If you haven't been you don't know what you are missing.