“Colombia in New Jersey!”

El Rancho Colombiano
Ranked #5 of 135 Restaurants in Union City
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Located in Union City NJ, near NYC, will will feel like in South America! Kitchen is everything about colombia. Their special Grill/smoker is amazing. I suggest you to try smoke grilled meats. Keep in mind this is an authentic colombian, food is simple and very good, and also huge portion! Enjoy your colombian experience !

Reviewed 25 January 2017

El Rancho is a hot spot that offer great tasting Colombian food at a fair price with huge portions.
The place is located in Bergenline Ave. in Union City, NJ so parking is a little difficult, we were a large group (16) and we were seated within 15 minutes even tough it was a Sunday afternoon.
Now onto the food, the menu is huge, lots of choices, we started with appetizers; we ordered Arepas with Guacamole, Bacon and Pork, fresh home made Guacamole inside a Mofongo and Sweet Plantain with Meet and Cheese.
Our main entrees were Churrasco, Costillas a la leña (Firewood Roasted Beef Ribs), Punta de Anca Asada en Leña (Top sirloin steak roasted in wood, to die for), Patacon Pisao, Calentado de Migas (Rice, beans, shredded corn cake with pork fried skin) with Avocado, Shrimp Cocktail and Lemon Chicken...everything was delicious, portions were huge, I mean some of us couldn't finish our entree, prices are great for the amount of food and taste.
For desert we had a 4 milk cake and a Cortado (Espresso with little Milk)
Service was good, the staff is very attentive, place was packed, ambiance is ok, decor is typical for this type of restaurant.
Overall our visit to El Rancho was very pleasant, the Food (the best part) the service, price and portions made our visit a pleasure, if you're in the area, visit El Rancho and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

I've been wanting to eat at this restaurant since I moved to Union City 6 years ago. Food was delicious came out piping hot which is a must for me when eating out. I had the small skirt stake with onions and plantains. It's also BYOB which was nice. Service was wonderful and the environment was fun. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Friendly staff, amazing food in large portions. You can taste the authenticity and the love in every bite. I will be back.

Reviewed 15 February 2016

Food was very good here, service was fast and friendly. Waiter was very knowledgeable about what to recommend and was great at explaining the dishes.

2  Thank super11