“Always a pleasant experience!”

El Mariachi San Lucas
Ranked #14 of 112 Restaurants in Voorhees
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Food is delicious. Servers are always very accommodating. The atmosphere is very relaxed, music not so loud and overpowering. Lighting can be improved. BYOB is a plus. Authentic Mexican cuisine, you always want to try new stuff, this is the place to be!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Everything was terrific. Try the guacamole for sure, authentic! The molchajete is the best thing I've ordered in a long time and we just came back from Mexico! We will be back soon, thanks!

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Caveat 1: We dined on Cinco De Mayo - probably the busiest day of the year
Caveat 2: We ordered "to go"

That being said, we called and placed our order, and were told it would be ready in 40 minutes (warning #1, they did not take a name or payment over the phone). Upon arrival, I waited in the line of people checking in, and was advised to report straight to the register for my order. I spoke with the woman there and she asked me what I ordered (warning #2. I am now almost 100% certain I was putting in my order for the first time at that moment). As I thought my order was ready, or close to being ready, I stood and waited. I was fairly quickly requested to stand outside to wait and offered a complimentary soda while I waited (warning #3 - nothing is for free).

As I enjoyed my soda to silence me, I watched the traffic of people sign in and get seated. Not 2 minutes after I "reordered" our food a group was seated outside... they received their entrees before I received my to-go order (again, placed 40 minutes prior to arrival). I get it: they were busy - but DANG. We could have gotten a table and had been fed in the time it took me to wait for my pre-ordered food?!

When my food was finally done (I waited 20-30 minutes based on my text conversation with my hungry husband as he waited in the car with our kids), I was given my food, and I got out of there.

Upon arrival home (7 minute drive), the food was still hot, chips were still crispy. So no quality issues there. I had ordered a children's sized chicken burrito for my daughter, an adult sized chicken burrito for my son, my standard chile relleno combo (my husband got the same thing) as well as a large guacamole w/ chips. I'm not sure if they bumped up our order because of the wait, but literally the only difference between the children's order and the adult, was that the adult came with shredded lettuce and cucumber salad, and the kid size came with fries (see photo). Fairly standard burrito - nice flavor (yes, I tried it -- I try everything I can!)

The chile relleno was advertised as a stuffed pepper fried and served in a creamy tomato sauce. The sauce itself was akin to a queso sauce - it had a nice flavor, but it kindof overpowered the chile. I really enjoyed the sauce with chips, and with my rice and beans tho. Maybe if it were served in-house it would have been less? or centralized on the chile? Either way, the flavor was good. The rice was fairly standard. And the beans (refried) were a bit hard. Had that "bottom of the pot" feel to it - which wasn't great.

I almost forgot: the guac was also very good - even after the ride home... I also had some the following day, and it maintained its flavor well.

All in all, I will give them a pass for the service due to the day we went. I would certainly go back to give them a fair shake on a less busy day; and would dine in to get the proper experience.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I first dined at this hidden gem with our 3 children (ages 2, 7, and 10). The servers were prompt and very friendly. The food was excellent and enjoyed by everyone. Our favorites were the queso, the rice milk, chilaquiles (with carnitas and red guajillo), and the tacos. They even surprised us at the end of our meal with a brownie sundae for the kids because it was our first visit!

We returned tonight for a date night and, again, we were extremely happy with our meals and service.

Tips- This restaurant is a BYOB and there is outside seating.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner on Friday night for my son's birthday dinner. We had the crabmeat salsa with chips - excellent! Ask for more chips, they are generous. I ordered chicken tacos with lettuce and tomatoes pictured below. My son ordered enchiladas and his girlfriend ordered the spicy shrimp dish. Everyone was very happy with their dinner!! Delish! The service was very good! Very nice staff. We had coffee at the end of dinner, just delicious and served in big beautiful Mexican style mugs!! The chips were authentic - haven't had them so tasty since I was in Lapaz!

Been to El Mariachi San Lucas? Share your experiences!