“Bugs and Diseases”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wall Township
Reviewed 11 January 2017

I am not typically one to write reviews, but I just had to after this horrendous experience. First of all, when we checked into the room, there were dead bugs in the bathtub and the room was filthy and looked like it hadn't been cleaned, and worst of all, my roommate contracted scabies from the sheets of the bed!!!! Absolutely disgusting. I would never recommend this to hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Upon arrival the pool was empty with weeds in July....the soda machine did not seem to be working and there was no coffee in the lobby....however after a party nearby with drinks it was an alright place to spend the night and avoid the parkway....the room was clean and cool, the bathroom was clean and functional and only one noise during the night....the next day we got an early start and stopped by a farmstand for a few items

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PJOE2011
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Tried making a reservation. Didn't even know if I was connected to reservations, as the guy just answered the phone "hello." First he asked me what city I was interested in, then the date. Then he handed the phone to someone else, which I found rather strange. When I asked the woman about AARP rates, she rudely answered "we don't offer any." She sounded like she'd rather be anywhere else but at work. She could care less if a reservation was made or not. I used to work in a call center that handled hotel reservations for conventions, so I know what's entailed in making a reservation. If the staff is rude on the phone, can only imagine what they're like in person. Will be staying elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2016

When we drove to the property I was horrified. When we checked in I think it was the daughter of the owner and I really kind of felt sorry for her because she was obviously being forced to work at this hideous place by her father. She was nice enough but then we got to our room. The room was horrifying and hideous as you can see from the attached pictures. I went back and told the girl that I wanted a discount because the room was not worth $114 a night and she gave me a $10 discount and told me that we could check out without being charged. I told her that we didn't have any where else to stay and we were tired and needed to rest so I took the meager $10 discount.

I tried to explain to the girl and later her mother when we checked out that some of these problems could be easily fixed. For example, the bathroom curtain that looked like it came from a dumpster and the toilet paper holder that was broken. I don't think the mother spoke English very well. I think they were Indian...not that that really matters except how can anyone communicate with someone who doesn't speak English?

The pool was empty and there was no breakfast.

I can't believe this is a Choice Hotel property!

Room Tip: Definitely NOT room 2
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DPenn_11
Reviewed 14 March 2016

Pulling into this place I felt worried that it would be terrible and dirty but I was pleasantly surprised by the rooms. It was quiet when we visited (March) so we weren't bothered much. There is only wifi here, no breakfast or laundry like it says on priceline and hotwire. However, your best bet is the Red Roof Inn @ Tinton Falls for a budget stay.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!