“Family Sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2017

The sushi is very fresh and well done. That is this reataurants stregth. The owner gives you very personal and outstanding service. We have been here many times!

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

My son and I went there for lunch. He had the chicken teriyaki. That was good. I had the yaki udon. The broth lacked flavour and that influenced the dish. The shrimp tempura was on point. Crispy not greasy. The service was great.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

We were visiting family in Oakland and I wanted to have Sushi. We went to Taka. Funny to see a Japanese restaurant run by Chinese! I ordered a 10 piece Sushi and Sashimi platter. My elder son took a 3 piece Sushi, younger son Beef Teriyaki (said he will not eat Sushi).
My platter, (pic included and almost finished!!) was well presented and the choice, variety, and of course taste was superb. My elder son also enjoyed his choices and the younger one wend up eating 4 from him and 3 from my platter! So much for him not liking sushi.
We had the Thai Ice tea for the first time! Loved it. Service was super by the I would guess family run team. Friendly, helpful, quick service. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, so much so, that a week later we went back for a lunch again!
Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 24 March 2017

We were looking for a late night place and found this gem! We were greeted and felt like home. The owner Annie was amazing and had us try some dishes to get us back here again. She did not disappoint!!! We ordered everything she recommended.

This became one of our favorite sushi places to go to.

Reviewed 6 September 2014

The only reason I gave Taka 4 (and not 5) stars is because the decor is a bit 'meh!"
We've lived in Wayne and tried all (well most anyway) of the sushi places around and Taka (for us) is the best.
"Annie" is always happy to see and greet us. (although she says we don't visit often enough).
The sushi has been consistently fresh and tasty since day one. My favorite is the ISO roll because it gives you so much fish which also happen to be my favorite (yellowtail, salmon and tuna). Their Spicy Salmon Salad is soooo good. Can't get enough of it.
I really can't say I've been disappointed with any of the food here... from Miso soup, seaweed salad... any of the rolls or soups (Udon, etc.)

Prices are reasonable, particularly at lunch... and it's a BYOB, so bring your Saki or wine of choice!

Been to Taka Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!