“my new bathsuit changed colored from the pool.”
Review of Sahara Sam's Oasis

Sahara Sam's Oasis
More attraction details
Owner description: Sahara Sam's Oasis indoor water park in NJ now offers outdoor Water Park fun all year with amusements, water slides, water attractions, birthday parties, and arcade games to the New Jersey, New York, and Philadelphia area families. Located in West Berlin, NJ. Sahara Sam's-Where It's Always 84 Degrees and Sunny™
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a great time until I went home and my new bathing suit never was the same. It seem, like it was too much chlorine in the water. I was in the big pool. Now as a new member, what should? Also, why are people allow in the water with regular outwear and not bathing suits?

All reviews
"membership"
"scout"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We decided to take the kids here since the weather hasn’t been nice and they have been stuck in the house...We drove all the way from Maryland and this was the 1st time ever going to this place. We only stood an hour it was that bad! 1st off it was way to over crowded, picture a place big enough for maybe 300 people jam packed with 1,000 people and they were still letting people in. The lines to get on any slides were so long then the ride is over in the matter of seconds it wasn’t even worth the line you wasted your day in. We thought we would just go hang out in the regular pool... this pool was so full of people if you were even able to get in it you better be ok with having strangers all on top of you. We couldn’t even turn side to side without hitting someone. Someone call the fire marshal because this place is to small for the amount of people they let in there! 2nd off unless you get there the very second they open don’t even think you are going to get a chair or locker just leave everything in your car.. which we couldn’t do because it was still cold outside and we had to get out of bathing suites and put coats back on before stepping outside. If you don’t mind the price I suggest you rent a cabana online (because you can’t do it there) before the day you plan to go because there aren’t many of them and they sell out quick. Last thing is don’t expect anyone who works there to be any help. They all seem like teenage idiots with bad attitudes who could careless about anything but themselves. In the little time we spent there I witnessed two arguments about changing rooms/bathroom stalls and another one where two grown women almost physically fought each other over chairs. I will never go back!! In fact we left and just went back to the pool at our hotel which lots of other people did as well. There was another family at our hotel complaining to the front desk that this water park is trash and should just be shut down. I want to try Coco keys but I’m afraid that this experience has turned me off to places like this forever!

Reviewed 22 February 2018

We visited Shara Sam's Oasis in December. We bought annual pass considering it would worth the money as usually small kids get bored at home during winter/cold weathers. We thought that this indoor waterpark would be a good solution to this problem, especially my son loves lagoon and activities offered by that. We had checked photos and different rides on their website to ensure there are sufficient rides for 2-2.5 year old. Mainly we found 3 main attraction where my 2 years old could go, Timbuktu (lagoon), a small kiddie area with little slide/swings and lazy river. However, when we went inside, to our great disappointment the lagoon was closed and none of the employees knew the exact reason whether its renovations, constructions or when it will open again, but we were told that it might open back again by end of January. Even their website didn't listed that the particular attraction was closed. They even didn't have swings for smaller kids as shown in the picture. We could just do couple rounds of the lazy river and my son played in small water area for about half hour (with nothing more than 2-6 inch of water and an about 4 feet tall slide!!). We traveled 2 hours one way from PA. So basically, it wasn't worth the money, time, gas/toll we paid:(. We convinced ourselves that hopefully, we will come back again when they will re-open the lagoon. But everytime, I call to check, I get the same answer that hopefully by end of the month and spring is about to over. Nobody answers even why it's closed. So, now we think that they have intentionally closed that attraction and might open only in summer. Besides, in summer there are so many other outdoor activities to do, so there are chances that we might be able to visit just once. If you live nearby or have bigger kids, it's fine. But definitely not the worth traveling longer distances, with smaller kids. Rather take them to local YMCA.

3  Thank VaishaliAmin
SaharaSams, Public Relations Manager at Sahara Sam's Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you so much for visiting us and for sharing your feedback. We do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced when you visited. When we discovered we needed to close Tim-Buk-Tu for repairs, we promptly put the information on our website to ensure guests planning their trip would be aware of the attraction being closed. We know it is a favorite for young guests and we have been working around the clock to get it fixed for our guests.

We are anticipating the ride will be re-opened in time for Spring Break (March 24th - April 8th) and do hope you come back again and get to enjoy it. We appreciate you being an annual passholder and have added Bring-a-Friend FREE days for annual members to ensure you and your family (plus friend) can enjoy the entire park as soon as Tim-Buk-Tu is re-open. Our Outdoor park will also open early for the season (on May 12th) and we are confident you and your family will enjoy the 2-acre Outdoor Beach Club too.

Thank you again for being an annual passholder and for sharing your feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

had an event from 1-4, they sold way too many tickets then the place can hold, half the park was closed. many people waited long lines to get into the park. when management was asked to extend the closing time, management responded - its taking a ling time because no one is listening!! it was so not true, everyone waited patiently on line. would not go back there again!!

1  Thank mother2020
SaharaSams, Public Relations Manager at Sahara Sam's Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Thank you for visiting us and sharing your feedback.

The event you are referring to was an exclusive event that offered a discounted ticket because of its 3-hour-long timeframe. This event sold half as many tickets as the park can hold (based on NJ's capacity) and only one attraction was closed (which was mentioned in all advertising materials, posted on the website and included on in-park signage). We do apologize that you didn't get to enjoy Tim-Buk-Tu but we did every include information about it being closed on all possible signage and pre-event materials.

In terms of lines - pre-paid admission guarantees access to the park but still requires all guests go through the protocols of entering the park to ensure safety and accountability.

We do apologize for your experience but want to ensure we relay accurate information to all future potential guests. We do hope you come back again and enjoy your visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Let me premise that I have never been here before, this was my first visit.
We are a troop of 8 10-11 year old Girl Scouts along with 6 moms.
When we arrived there was a sign that said Tim-Buk-Tu was closed for construction. Never having been before I thought it wasn’t a big deal. Well, it’s the center attraction (a water play station with 2 of their 8 slides and many water play spots). It takes up 1/4 of the room the park makes up. That left the crowd to 6 slides, the lazy river, a pool, and a small kids area (for those under 42”). Four hours and I was done along with the other adults and some kids, the other kids wanted another hour.
Let’s talk good. The kids meal which come with no drink are about $6.00 and adult meals with a drink were $10-$14. Drinks alone were $4. Luckily at holiday time I bought a $40.00 gift card for $25.00. This was enough to feed my daughter and I lunch and a snack, as well as a couple of dollars left over for the arcade.
The arcade- each game was $1.00 and the prizes were not worth anything. Nothing was even branded to show the kids had been there.
As my 10 year old said, it was a great first and last trip there. Go once, plan for 1/2 a day. Make memories, and then decide for yourself.

1  Thank Staci O

Staci - thank you so much for visiting us and for sharing your feedback.

We do apologize about Tim-Buk-Tu; it is one of our guest's favorite attractions and required maintenance that we had initially scheduled for our off-peak weeks; unfortunately we can only use one company to do the maintenance and they did not give us the date flexibility we planned for.

We are happy to hear you took advantage of our Black Friday gift card sale and we strive to provide various food options at different price points to meet the various budgets of our guests.

In the summer months we also have a two-acre Outdoor Park that is perfect for kids of all ages (the wave pool is a huge hit with the 10+ kids) and hope you decide to come back and check it out.

Thanks again for visiting, we do hope you come back again soon!