New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Blue Palms

Blue Palms
Ranked #6 of 78 Hotels in Wildwood
NEW YORK
“Wonderful Time at the Blue Palms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

My family had a great time at the Blue Palms! What really stood out was the efficiency from room clean up to the pool maintenance. The only thing I could possibly complain about, as we stayed in an efficiency, were the pans...but hey, I know that some people aren't really careful with how they handle these items...other than that, I can't wait to come back! A big HUGE plus was having the discount with Moreys Piers! WOW!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank NewYorkChronicles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
prospect park
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed at The Blue Palms just for before the hurricane (Irene) was due to hit. We had a great time ,and before Irene the weather was great, This was a perfect week ,hot during the day and cool at night. I was impressed at the hotel and the amount of housekeepers on during my stay. Our rooms we were in was not the Hilton, but clean and comfortable. the hotel was busy during the day with the kids all at the pool , but everyone was nice and friendly. the breeze at night was wonderful and the place was so peaceful. the staff did a GREAT job with preparing for Irene,though I know people were upset about having to leave for evacuations it was for the best

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank john c
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

We loved the hotel location. It was so close to the beach and boardwalk! Our room was very clean, and we especially liked how the maid service was so quick -- our room was already finished when we came back from the beach around noon! The pool was beautiful & had plenty of space! I think what my husband like best was having coffee available in the lobby 24 hours!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank TravelLoverX4
Orange, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed at the Blue Palms in July 2011, went down for along weekend with my Hubby and 8 yr old sun. The location is amazing, literally a 30 second walk to the boardwalk. Our room overlooked the pool and was surprisingly in good shape for a beach motel/hotel. Very, very clean. We had a one bedroom and living room area. Bathroom was very clean, a bit factor for me. They housekeeping staff cleaned daily and brought extra towels upon request. Hotel grounds were clean and pool was clean and safe. No complaints. Will def be back next year!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank abjdre
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

The blue palms is receiving two stars simply due to their location and their discount morey piers tickets.

We arrived to NO Parking spaces - had to pull into the Jersey Girl diner and sit in the car while my boyfriend checked-in. We received room #125 and told to park by White Star Hotel which is a part of blue palms. Apparently Blue Palms is the main lodging and white star is where they shove people (who booked by expedia??) into DISGUSTING rooms. We walk to our room to find our door open. I immediatly think we should get another room. We walk in and the mildew smell is intense but not as intense as the awful air freshner they have hanging from the back of the door to kill the stench. Upon tryin to CLOSE the door, as most people do when they arrive, we see the door does NOT close and is broken.

My boyfriend goes up to the front desk and explains what happened and the lady at the desk tells him to go back to the room and she will send someone immediatly to fix the problem. NO i dont want you to fix my broken door, i want a new room. To me that wouldve made the most sense.

Ten minutes later, nobody has arrived. We just did a 3+ hour drive and still cant relax. SO my bf goes back to the front desk and is now a little more aggresive explaining how we havent even had a chance to relax yet and this is not how a vacation should be started. The person at the desk is the manager/owner and escorts him back to the room to "assess" the problem. He sees the doorknob is broken, turns to me and says "well at least we check you in a little early (it was 230, check in is 3), i will ge this fixed right away". SIR i do NOT need you to remind me that you checked me in a half hour earlier - does that have ANYTHING to do with the fact that the room you assigened me was left open for whoever to hang out in!?!?!?

He gets a screwdriver from the maintenance worker, who was busy fixing ANOTHER door, and fixes the doorknob. Offers us really no apologies or anything at that.

We start to relax and then hear what sounds like a jungle gym above us. Banging, things falling, it sounded like someone was being tossed around a room. I walked upstairs and saw it was a room just like ours (two double beds) with about 6 kids in it. Went back downstairs and my boyfriend and I tried to relax but the noise was insane. Now i understand it wasnt bedtime BUT the banging was just TOO much. Obviously the walls, ceilings, floors are thin with no insulation or sound proofing.

Once again, my boyfriend goes back to the front desk and complains. A DIFFERENT manager shows up at our door ten minutes later (the noise had stopped bc they left) and he actually chased them down to tell them they need to not treat the room like a trampoline. He was very nice and we did not have the noise issue after that.

There was a hole in the floor by the closet that was covered up by the rug. The rug was gross and i felt i needed to wear flip-flops at all times. There was no curtains to cover the windows ( i read in a review from 2010 on yelp that an owner responded back by saying they will get curtains) ..just the blinds that didnt close perfectly.

There were two pools that we did NOT use bc they were filled with kids of all ages at all times. I was under the impression that one pool was for the kids and the other for adults but apparently i was the only one under that impression.

I chose this hotel due to the proximity to the boardwalk...the boardwalk is HUGE and anywhere you stay will be "Close" to the boardwalk. They did offer discounts on tickets BUT im sure other hotels offer the same.

I would stay elsewhere...and not because im a spoiled brat who is used to five-star hotels bc i NEVER waste money on "luxury accomadations"...i know all about budget hotels and this place and their service just didnt cut it for me

Room Tip: the rooms in the Blue Palms main "resort" seemed nicer but overall their customer service...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jvk725
MoreyResortsManager, General Manager at Blue Palms, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
I am really sorry that this guest was so dissapointed with their visit to the Blue Palms.
The Blue Palms Resort is made up of the Former 'Midtown' & 'White Star' motels. The White Star rooms are the 'Economy rooms'. They are very small, very basic rooms. This room was $92 a night. Which is about the lowest priced room in the area. If you subtract the savings from our 1/2 priced Morey's Piers passes, the room cost them $62 per night. This is a great deal! YOU CANNOT FIND THIS DEAL ANYWHERE ELSE EXCEPT MOREY HOTELS. This guest booked two days before arrival, which is really 'Last Minute'.... $62 .....right across the street from the beach and boardwalk. They got a very reasonable deal. I would have happilly offered the guest another room if I had had one, but we were full.

I just now went to the room and it did not smell of mildew or air freshner.

The guest is correct that we were installing some new locks on this day and thier lock was not adjusted properly. I went to the room because maintenance did no get there quick enough and the young man asked for the manager. I apologized to him and imediately went to the room with him. I made some quick adjustments and it was fine. They young lady said 'Thank You'!

I believe, if the room smelled bad they would have mentioned it when I was there? I did not smell anything at that time or today.

I am sorry that I did not also apologize to the loung lady.