“Nice family vacation”
Review of Gold Crest Motel

Gold Crest Motel
Reviewed 28 July 2015

Luckily, my experience was better than the other reviews I've read. The rooms were dated, but nice enough. It is a Wildwood hotel, so I guess we can chalk that up to nostalgia!
The wifi is free, but only worked outside of the room. And I would recommend bringing your own pillows!!

Room Tip: Try to get a second or third floor room, the first floor is very noisy from the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

I'm fully aware that this is Wildwood and many places don't live up to normal cleanliness standards. This place was AWEFUL. If I walked on the carpet without flip flops, my feet turned black. It wasn't until about 3pm that the staff would get around to cleaning the room every day. After the room was "cleaned" I would find that the table was never wiped down, despite moving everything off the table to ensure this wasn't our fault. We had 3 beds in the room, despite only two of us staying there. We rotated between the bed in the living room and one in the bedroom. It seemed like there was a one bed maximum when it came to making beds by housekeeping. Numerous times, two beds would be slept in, and only one would be made... To the point where the blanket on top of the bed in the living room was folded, but the rest of the bed remained unmade. The white wicker the furniture is made of has clearly never been cleaned. By day 2 of my 5 day visit, I was ready to leave- which absolutely sucks when it is your only vacation of the year. There are many other places to stay in Wildwood that are clean and worth the price. We did complain on the way out and the only response we got from management was "the housekeeping staff is trained to tell someone that their equipment isn't working correctly." Bottom line, would never stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Jen M
Reviewed 9 July 2015

We stayed in this hotel because it was an old favorite of my family. The room was filthy, front desk person was not friendly and just a bad experience. I would not rate this hotel very high on my list because of these factors.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is in the main hotel and not above the office. We had ours in the hotel but oth...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank DonNY845
Reviewed 28 June 2015

There are better places to stay for the money. Their outdoor cooking equipment is terrible. The Owner/Operator was quite ignorant when it came to the kids. Not exactly kid friendly. Internet access total garbage. There was Broken glass on the balcony from late night - early morning sloppy drunks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JourneymanSun
Reviewed 24 June 2015

If your looking for a cheap, clean, family friendly motel- this is the place to go. My daughter and I went for a weekend (Friday- Sunday) trip in June of 2015. I wanted a kitchen in the room and this place had it, so I went with it (The price was good too). I was so surprised with what I got. Not only was there 2 separate bedrooms but a full sized kitchen with-in the room. The room style was wicker furniture, it had grills (they turn the grills off at 9pm),a mini golf course, ping pong table, as well as, a very nice sized pool with baby pool separated and gated off from regular pool on property. The baby pool was also equipt with a play area with outdoor toys for the kids. It was great knowing that my daughter could play in the baby pool and not have access to the deeper end, supervised of course! Going to bed at night wasn't a problem- you couldn't here the outside noise.
CONS: They did not provide the usual beauty supplies-(soap and towels were it) that most motels/hotels have. Parents/Adults, remember to bring tissues,shampoo,conditioner, a hair dryer,lotions an iron/ ironing board. The WIFI was free but very weak signal. Pillows a little flat (didnt really bother me) and office closes at 10pm.
We had to travel through Philadelphia on our way there and got stuck in terrible traffic. If this is similar to your travels, I recommend you leave very early in the morning to get to Wild wood. Our 3 1/2 hour trip turned into 5. Sucked!
I recommend this place and would go back there again. Very Family Friendly!

Room Tip: 2nd/3rd floor is recommended with small children. The balcony helps separate them from the parking a...
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family