Jolly Roger Motel(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
US$190
  • Pool
Acacia Beachfront Resort(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
US$279
Pan American Hotel(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
US$322
Port Royal Hotel(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
US$265
Adventurer Oceanfront Inn(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
US$447
The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
US$179
Astronaut Motel(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
US$199
  • Pool
Aqua Beach Resort(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
US$268
  • Pool
Nassau Inn(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
US$200
Bal Harbour Hotels(Wildwood Crest)
US$187
All reviewsmini golfcentennial parkacross the streetfull size refrigeratorair conditionerevery morninggreat place to staykitchenettemoteloceanbbqsboardwalkbikenj
Reviewed 10 September 2015

We ended up staying here, because all the other hotels were booked and no one had any vacancies for the weekend.
This motel was very close to the beach. but that was it!
This place was an older motel and not updated at all.
When we arrived we were told the air conditioner was broken and would soon be fixed within a couple of hours...Well, someone came and looked at the unit. He told us that nothing was wrong with it. There was no central air either in the room.
The room had 3 beds and the back bedroom had a window air conditioner, but the front of the suite just had a paddle fan that did not cool the room. Needless to say it was so hot that we had to buy a mini fan just to survive the weekend! The manager did offer to refund our money, but we knew by then it was too late to reserve another room anywhere. It was a big disappointment, since we were looking forward to a perfect getaway weekend at the shore!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank lmetz9260
Reviewed 27 August 2015

Stayed here last weekend while on a mini vacay in Wildwood. Great location! VERY close to the beach (approx a block, depending on how close you want to be to the water), clean, large beds that are very comfortable, and the woman who runs it is a sweetheart! Hoping to stay here when I come back to Wildwood next summer!

The only drawback is we had to get coffee/breakfast in the am but so many places around that it wasn't a deal braker.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Listen, I read all of the reviews for Gold Crest - both good and bad. Here's my two cents.... When going down the shore for a vacation, no matter how long or short, you want a nice clean comfortable environment. The Gold Crest offers that. You also want views of the ocean, correct? The Gold Crest offers that, as well. After years of travelling to Wildwood, NJ, I know the deal. Very rarely will any place stand up to home, but you're on vacation! Are the beds perfect? No. Did I sleep just fine? Yes. Were the beds clean? Yes again. Housekeeping was at our room every morning and cleaned everything perfectly. We relaxed by the pool and watched as other families barbecued as their little ones played golf. Older folks sat on the sundeck chatting and drinking wine. We witnessed no wild goings on as you'll sometimes see in Wildwood. Were people enjoying themselves and having a few drinks? Sure! It's their vacation! Check in was a breeze and we spent more time just chatting with the lady who was taking care of us. Water pressure in the shower was good (that can sometimes be an issue), and the air conditioner was no more noisy than my air conditioners at home.

True there is no elevator, but we were on the second floor and there's not that many steps. My only real complaint was that there was no tv in the bedroom, only in the living room; but I survived.

All in all, the Gold Crest was great and I would not hesitate to stay there again. The location was fantastic and the staff friendly and accommodating. Everyone has different wants and / or needs on vacation, but when you're down the shore and you have the Atlantic ocean just steps away, are you really going to carry on about a bed?

Stay at the Gold Crest and see for yourself.

Room Tip: Bring your own hairdryer, as none are provided in the bathroom.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank RealPegster
Reviewed 6 August 2015

I understand this is an older hotel however that is not an excuse for the rooms not being clean. Upon entering the room, there was "something" caked on the bathroom door frame at eye level. I don't understand how this could be missed. Fortunately I had Clorox wipes with me and scrubbed it off. I didn't want to see or touch it every time I entered the bathroom. I also discovered something on the front of the toilet which I also had to clean with the Clorox wipes. This disgusted me. We stayed in a room with three beds and the sheets felt like they had sand on them. I was extremely disappointed with this property. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank MrsTR75
Reviewed 28 July 2015

Luckily, my experience was better than the other reviews I've read. The rooms were dated, but nice enough. It is a Wildwood hotel, so I guess we can chalk that up to nostalgia!
The wifi is free, but only worked outside of the room. And I would recommend bringing your own pillows!!

Room Tip: Try to get a second or third floor room, the first floor is very noisy from the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family